Can you scout Stonespine in Strat UD(Verdant Footpads)

Can you scout Stonespine in Strat UD(Verdant Footpads)

by Ziphr » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:19 pm

Druid specific question ^^

on the pve server, patch pre 1.4, and I want the verdant footpads off this guy

but getting strat UD runs together sucks enough only to have no stonespine spawn

So far Ive tried stealthing(no +Stealth talents or nightscape boots), invis potions- both failed miserably

My most successful runs have been to open gate, run as far in as possible before melee skeletons can attack(and hamstring!) pop limited invulnerability potion-> keep running until after the volley of frostbolts hit me, cat form, dash

I can make it consistently about 20 yards short of second gate, but the few attempts I had potion to do this I couldnt target a stonespine. Not sure if no spawn or doesnt work- but yes I do know his patrol is longer and whiter than most patrols

once I get more pots I plan to try this with a niftie stopwatch boost at the start, and with nightscape boots

Curious to know though if any druid has already mastered a method for this, or if druids have made it to the second gate consistently before and it still doesnt work to spot stonespine(maybe some odd spawning mechanic, idk)

Will report if I find a reasonable way to do this, preferably some way that can be done solo ^^
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Can you scout Stonespine in Strat UD(Verdant Footpads)

by Lorilay » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:10 am

Zone into UD Strat, run up to gate, /target Stonespine for 1 minute, repeat. You don't need to go past gate because his patrol path takes him to where you can target from the entrance after about ~45 seconds.

That said, he is a rare spawn, and it typically took me about 2-3 groups worth of all 5 party members doing 3 resets each to find an instance when he's up.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ziphr » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:32 pm

Ill be so pumped if that works Lori!
Every person I talked to in game said it was impossible, so I didnt test doing that very extensively

gave it 10 tries last night with no luck- but rare and rng Ill give it some more today ^^
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lorilay » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:40 pm

Well, targeting him from the gate is how I wound up wearing his shoes, so at least it worked when I farmed them a bunch of months ago.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ziphr » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:18 pm

yeah Ill give it a good go for sure

its entirely possible the people Ive talked to didnt give stonespine a chance to pat around, or had bad luck with spawns or are just operating on heresay ^^

I know a couple of people who need them, so if such a simple method is effective it would be a huge boon :D
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Norjak » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Lorilay wrote:Zone into UD Strat, run up to gate, /target Stonespine for 1 minute, repeat. You don't need to go past gate because his patrol path takes him to where you can target from the entrance after about ~45 seconds.

That said, he is a rare spawn, and it typically took me about 2-3 groups worth of all 5 party members doing 3 resets each to find an instance when he's up.

I can confirm this - you can /tar him without opening the gate after you zone in. It might take a minute (or two) because he pats all through the areas around the 3 ziggurats inside. I made a simple "/tar Stonespine" macro, tied it to a hotkey, walked up to the first gate & spammed it.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ziphr » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:16 pm

damn Im not sure if I have a bad setting or the worst luck, but Im over 25 reset o.o
The last 15 Ive been sure to keep at it for over 2 minutes per reset

Thanks for the confirmation though, Ill give it some more tries tonight ^^
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sassa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:52 am

Lorilay wrote:Zone into UD Strat, run up to gate, /target Stonespine for 1 minute, repeat. You don't need to go past gate because his patrol path takes him to where you can target from the entrance after about ~45 seconds.

Which gate is this? Is it the first gate when you just entered the instance or the one starts the Baron event?
sassa
Tester

by Lorilay » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:50 pm

sassa wrote:

Which gate is this? Is it the first gate when you just entered the instance or the one starts the Baron event?

First gate
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Shineyy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:49 am

bump

I'd be interested to hear if our friend has managed to /tar Stonespire successfully or if Lorilay's was sheer unexplainable luck - EDIT: I don't doubt that it worked, just seeking confirmation
Shineyy
Private
Private

Next

Return to Druid