Can you scout Stonespine in Strat UD(Verdant Footpads)

Re: Can you scout Stonespine in Strat UD(Verdant Footpads)

by Lorilay » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:39 pm

For what it's worth, it seems like they reduced draw distance in instances a while back. I was trying to scout Skul in strat live, and although you used to be able to target two of his three spawn points from the entrance, I had to run about 30 yards into the instance (and die) in order to do it.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Can you scout Stonespine in Strat UD(Verdant Footpads)

by Ziphr » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:41 pm

This is unfortunate news for anyone needing verdant footpads, but Im glad to hear confirmation from someone that had success from the first gate in the past that it seems to have been changed.

I gave first gate aloooot of attempts with no results as well, but wasnt sure if I just had some kind of client side(draw distance) issue.

I was able to make it to the second gate consistently by opening gate->run in until Im about to be hit-> invulnerability potion, wait to get hit by the volley of frostbolts->cat form and dash

In the 5 attempts I had potions for I didnt spot a stonespine though, but may have been a luck issue.. 5 attempts wont give very reliable results

I also tried opening the gate-> running back -> cat form and stealth if they didnt aggro
Either they see through stealth or there is simply a scripted trigger when you walk through the gate that aggros them, at least in my attempts they pounced on me at the same place everytime

I never tried dream vision elixir. I got lucky and got a stonespine->footpads while farming my exalted robes so I didnt try much else after that

I hear a priest with mind vision can do it, but that requires you bring a priest along- my goal in this thread was to scout the spawn out solo as a druid, so I could advertise it while lfg
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Druid