Resto Leveling Build?

Re: Resto Leveling Build?

by Ziphr » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:53 pm

In modern wow Id be inclined to agree, but grid here doesnt seem to be as effective

The coordination between healers with luna seems far better in my experience, but I may have sucked setting up grid or had a bad version..

That said, if a healer does prefer grid, they can always just not use luna raid frames- but because luna is installed, it will still allow other healers with luna to coordinate with them. Thats a huge thing for a druid, if priests and paladins cant see who we're casting a heal on or for how much, theyll snipe us all day and it will be our fault

So whether he prefers grid or not, luna is still the best option for unit frames imo

healing reasons aside, its a really clean unit frames that requires very little configuration and is very reliable
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Doofoos » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:27 pm

Ziphr wrote:luna is still the best option for unit frames imo

Well, luna is best but its range check is really awful compared to sRaidFrames_improved.
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ziphr » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:05 pm

yes, oh god that range check sometimes

Ill take a look at that mod

I wonder, since Luna's dev is active if it could be improved with whatever sRaidFrames uses

actually, I wonder why Luna doesnt have it already.. looks like I have some reading to do

*edit
did some reading, but since we're offtopic will take to PM ^^
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hammersplat » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Ziphr wrote:
That said, if a healer does prefer grid, they can always just not use luna raid frames- but because luna is installed, it will still allow other healers with luna to coordinate with them. Thats a huge thing for a druid, if priests and paladins cant see who we're casting a heal on or for how much, theyll snipe us all day and it will be our fault

Is that true? How does luna work with hot's? Is it only showing the ones of other druids who have luna?
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ziphr » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:42 am

Hammersplat wrote:
Ziphr wrote:

Is that true? How does luna work with hot's? Is it only showing the ones of other druids who have luna?

I do make one assumption on the grid-luna thing- that there are no conflicts between mods.
I ran both and didnt notice anything, and havent heard of any issues but I cant say for fact there arent any.

I have tested luna with having raid frames turned off though- it did continue relaying my heals to other healers so that is definitely true and current ^^

As far as HoTs go, there are 2 ways to track them using luna.

In the Luna config window, under raid there are 3 slots to "Track Buffs" anyone of any class can use these to see a small colored indicator of that buff being on a target. As a Druid I use this to track Renew, Non druids would want to use this to track Rejuvenation(I dont think regrowth is really worth other healers being aware of)
This method simply tracks buffs on players and doesnt require any mod communication

For Druids and Priests there is a separate additional option though, at the bottom of raid page "Enable Hot Tracker"

This will cause your classes hots(in our case, Rejuv and Regrowth) to appear as center icons on the player windows and *attempt* to estimate their duration. For Rejuv its usually pretty accurate, regrowth seems to generally last about 4 seconds longer than the estimate

Since all the druids in my guild use Luna, I cant say how Hot Tracker would function if other druids didnt have it. I tend to assume it simply starts a timer based on when it first sees the buff go out, but I really dont know

Also if you use this, the center icons for hots are huuge and can be downsized with a slider bar in the raid tab

For other healers to see your hots though they will have to add them to track buffs or enable hot tracker if they're druids ^^
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hammersplat » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:35 am

Ziphr wrote:
This will cause your classes hots(in our case, Rejuv and Regrowth) to appear as center icons on the player windows and *attempt* to estimate their duration. For Rejuv its usually pretty accurate, regrowth seems to generally last about 4 seconds longer than the estimate

Oh that is interesting...
I have this enabled so i don't go over another druids hots. But i didn't know regrowth was showing for 4 seconds too long. I'm going to check this out next raid. I had just assumed that it was correct.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ziphr » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Hammersplat wrote:
Ziphr wrote:

Oh that is interesting...
I have this enabled so i don't go over another druids hots. But i didn't know regrowth was showing for 4 seconds too long. I'm going to check this out next raid. I had just assumed that it was correct.

oh, sorry my phrasing sucked
the little countdown timer thing on the debuff expires premature- for me, generally
after the timer thing disappears it usually just continues showing theirs a regrowth- just with no estimated duration, but it is there ^^

I just mean that little duration remaining ticker can be inaccurate, and usually counts down earlier than it needs to on regrowth for me ^^
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Druid