Project: Moonkin

Re: Project: Moonkin

by Liebe » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:35 pm

Larsen wrote:It'll always be an inferior spec.

Here are some logs, the moonkin's name is "Mxxi" - author of the Naxx moonkin raider thread I linked in the OP.

AQ 40, damage done on all boss fights

10th place, above warlocks, rogues, hunters and mages.

Larsen wrote:They might wonder why you haven't chosen the spec that best improves the raid's chance of success, and this leads one to wonder if you're even doing your best at all.

Moonkins attempted by low quality players get filtered out long before they make it to raiding. Every moonkin player I spoke to was dedicated and knowledgeable about his spec and the game in general.
Liebe
Grunt
Grunt

by Guirssane » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:08 pm

Liebe wrote:
Larsen wrote:It'll always be an inferior spec.

Here are some logs, the moonkin's name is "Mxxi" - author of the Naxx moonkin raider thread I linked in the OP.

AQ 40, damage done on all boss fights

10th place, above warlocks, rogues, hunters and mages.

Larsen wrote:They might wonder why you haven't chosen the spec that best improves the raid's chance of success, and this leads one to wonder if you're even doing your best at all.

Moonkins attempted by low quality players get filtered out long before they make it to raiding. Every moonkin player I spoke to was dedicated and knowledgeable about his spec and the game in general.

are those stats from retail or from peenix shit?
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Bezawit » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm sure if you go 110% with consumables, you could squeak by without going oom. My concern though is that the Moonkin dps + rdps from aura isn't more than what a Warlock/Mage would bring (with equal gear/skill/proper scripting).

But at the same time, I don't suppose that's a big issue unless you're going for server firsts and need to min/max the raid.
Bezawit
Grunt
Grunt

by Liebe » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:48 pm

The druid whose logs I posted played on Feenix, yes. I assure you that druid caster damage has no beneficial bugs on Feenix, though.

What's the T1 like before before 1.4 patch? It's all spell damage instead of mostly +healing?
Liebe
Grunt
Grunt

by Melvin » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 pm

https://web.archive.org/web/20050207011 ... ?setid=205

It was definitely more tailored towards a hybrid / multrole playstyle - even with some agility and strength on it.
Melvin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Larsen » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:46 am

Truly awful itemization. I kinda wish they weren't doing pre-1.4 stats on items, they were changed for a reason: 75% of MC items are complete garbage that isn't worth wearing over dungeon blues.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nobbynobs » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:02 am

A truly well-thought-out guide. I sympathise with Owls since they're severely underappreciated, and probably for a good reason, too. However, I'd like to PvP as one. In that case, and I realise I am trespassing on your topic and steering it off course, would you care to proffer some advice with regards to how gearing a PvP Boomy ought to go, and what steps I should follow?

Thank you in anticipation.
To: Nobbynobs

kill yourself you pathetic shillloser, the world is better of without people like you
Nobbynobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

by noblue » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:29 am

liebe is utterly delusional, and certainly incapable of playing any class in PvP

you're better off not asking him for advice
noblue
Grunt
Grunt

by Liebe » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:17 pm

Nobbynobs wrote:A truly well-thought-out guide. I sympathise with Owls since they're severely underappreciated, and probably for a good reason, too. However, I'd like to PvP as one. In that case, and I realise I am trespassing on your topic and steering it off course, would you care to proffer some advice with regards to how gearing a PvP Boomy ought to go, and what steps I should follow?

Thank you in anticipation.

No problem, I'll pen a short guide today. There isn't much to it, to be honest, apart from some basic instructions and general PVP knowledge I can't think of anything else that would help with balance PVP.

I need to add - one large motivator in this whole endeavor are hateful comments I sometimes get. It makes playing balance twice as fun, knowing you provoked an emotional response in someone. Most people have to go out and gank to get that, as a moonkin you achieve it simply by existing ^^.
Liebe
Grunt
Grunt

by Nobbynobs » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Thanks and I am rather looking forward to it. On the other paw, are you an Ally or a Hordy?
To: Nobbynobs

kill yourself you pathetic shillloser, the world is better of without people like you
Nobbynobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Druid