WSG Flagrunner questions

WSG Flagrunner questions

by Fike86 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:44 pm

I've decided to start the PvP grind. Currently in mostly pre raid BiS resto gear with a sub par feral set. I have a few questions regarding PvP and flag running specifically. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
1. I'm currently specced 0/30/21 for tanking/healing. What other hybrid builds are you guys using for PvP? Should I take 1 or more points from feral to put into natures grasp for flag running?
2. I'm assuming I should stock up on free action pots and swiftness pots. What other consumables do you use often for PvP/flag running?
3. Any helpful hints, or even videos to watch, to help me along the way?
Fike86
Private
Private

Re: WSG Flagrunner questions

by euronmisc » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:56 am

1) Nature's grasp is pretty neat but not 100% required, if you do want to pick it up, spend 5 points on it. Any spec with both NS and feral charge is pretty decent. If you spend more points in resto, be sure to get some feral gear to avoid being too squishy.

2) Mana and healing potions are always great.

3)
- Get engineering.
- Unless the speed is up or you're going roof, go ramp or gy. Outdoors is your friend, tunnel is for mages.
- Go around enemies in stead of trying to run through them.
- Get engineering.
- When kiting around the base, track humanoids is your friend.
- Abolish poison on yourself when there's a rogue is your friend.
- Get a skull of impending doom
- Get a nifty stopwatch
- If there are healers on your team, be careful not too run away from them.
- Get engineering
- When kiting around the base, or exiting ebase, try not to be predictable. My favorite thing is being on roof, watching people come up, then drop down into tun and onto roof again as they're trying to find me on the balcony. And don't be scared to run out of your base, and then back on via ramp or a gy jump.
- ps: learn to do the jumps to get on top of the tunnels, gys, etc.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fike86 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:17 am

Euronmisc, thanks for all of the tips!
Fike86
Private
Private

by Lorilay » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:31 am

http://db.valkyrie-wow.org/?item=10418 is your best friend, engineering is nice too. Use tracking to avoid incoming enemies (you can usually spot rogues before they stealth up as well). Learn both the alliance and horde graveyard jumps.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by dbDozer » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:51 pm

Two really nice items to have on hand for flag running are:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=4984 and,
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=2820.

Neither stack with sprint or travel form, but both are incredible to have in a pinch, and both sprint actives persist through shape-shifting. Either of these can be combined with a free use potion and bear form to incredible turtle-busting effect.
dbDozer
Private
Private

by nickomite » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:37 am

Do the AB boots speed boost stack with Cat form and it's +30% movement speed?
nickomite
Tester

by Lorilay » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:17 pm

nickomite wrote:Do the AB boots speed boost stack with Cat form and it's +30% movement speed?

Feline swiftness isn't stacking correctly on this server, so probably not. That said, movement speed to boots (or the AB boots) is absolutely critical for pvp regardless.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Druid