Balance Druid gear question

Balance Druid gear question

by Crowley » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:49 pm

I know balance druids get a lot of hate, but I don't care, I'm going to level one.

I have a couple questions about gear.
I'm assuming as a caster intel and spirit should be my stat priority?

Also, is it worth wearing cloth gear for more intel and spirit, at the expensive of losing armor?
I ask this becaues druids don't have the luxury of a wand, so after you spam your spells sometimes you're left melee fighting, and that's why I'm not sure if it's better to go with armor over stats, at least in solo grinding.

Thanks!
Crowley
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Balance Druid gear question

by Fromage » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:19 pm

On top of being OOM in the middle of every single mob fight, you'll be hitting with a 3.90 staff.
I wouldn't suggest leveling as a balance druid unless you're OK with leveling as slow as possible.

But to answer your question, I'd go cloth if the stats are better. You're not supposed to be hit anyway.

EDIT: Anyone have a balance spec? The ones in the sticky don't open for me. Thanks!
Fromage
Private
Private

by Guirssane » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Fromage wrote:On top of being OOM in the middle of every single mob fight, you'll be hitting with a 3.90 staff.
I wouldn't suggest leveling as a balance druid unless you're OK with leveling as slow as possible.

But to answer your question, I'd go cloth if the stats are better. You're not supposed to be hit anyway.

EDIT: Anyone have a balance spec? The ones in the sticky don't open for me. Thanks!

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/druid ... 3100000000 something like that mby
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Norjak » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:06 pm

Leveling as Balance on 1x Vanilla can be slow & tedious, speaking from past experience. Better to go Feral until you're at least lvl 50 & also have access to some decent caster gear. For stats, Spell Power, MP5, Int and Stamina are nice to have. Also "Arcane Wrath" items are nice to have for improving your Starfire/Moonfire spells, although I've only seen them as Cloth. "Nature's Wrath" items will improve Wrath & Entangling roots + Insect swarm, & they come in Leather, although those are not high-damage spells. Leather gear will naturally have more armor than Cloth.
Balance raid spec - http://realmplayers.com/Talents.aspx#0x0xIMEstZxxc
Leveling spec - viewtopic.php?f=41&t=26263&start=10
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Druid