Weapon/WeaponSkill

Weapon/WeaponSkill

by Limmp » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:49 am

So i was talking to my buddy and he got this really nice dagger for me when i am level 26. But i really don't know how weapons works when you are in diffrent forms like Cat or Bear form, i do not skill up my mace if i am in a form. And do i get more hit points if i level up my weapon skill in catform/Bear form?
Limmp
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Weapon/WeaponSkill

by ElGran » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:48 am

when in forms:
1) your weapon is a stat stick
2) your weapon skill is level*5
ElGran
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Limmp » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:26 pm

Sorry? I have no ide what this means?
Limmp
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:20 pm

Greetings,

he means that when you're in non-caster form, the only thing from your weapon that matter are the stats. Neither the attack speed or the damage value are relevant. Your weapon skill will be bumped to the maximum at your current level, so you don't have to worry about that either.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Armilus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Weapon skill has nothing to do with hit points in any way for any class.

When you are in cat or bear form you do not attack with your weapon so your current skill with your weapon does not matter at all. The damage on your weapon also does nothing.

So if you have two different weapons and one says 20-30 damage and the other says 5000-6000 damage, when you are in cat/bear form you will hit for the same amount with both weapons.

BUT, if the 20-30 damage weapon has +5 strength and the 5000-6000 damage weapon does have any stat bonuses on it, you will hit slightly harder with the 20-30 damage weapon.

This is what ElGran meant when he said "your weapon is a stat stick". The only property on a weapon that has any impact on your damage while in bear/cat form is the stat bonuses like +x strength or +y stamina.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Droom91 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:39 pm

Also since weapon damage enchant on weapon is bugged atm or the druid class itself.
Druids do take advantage of +Weapon damage enchant atm in Nostalrius.
So if u are using cat form i recommend using a weapon damage enchant, that will boost your damage considerably.
Droom91
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Limmp » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:36 pm

So what is best to have as a feral speced Druid? One hand or two handed? Is there any diffrence in speed and damage?
Limmp
Grunt
Grunt

by euronmisc » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:37 am

Whatever gives you the best stats.

Speed and weapondamage are irrelevant, this has been said multipile times already in this thread.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Limmp » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:08 am

Sorry i got dyslexia so it is hard for me to understand what people write sometimes ^^
Limmp
Grunt
Grunt

by euronmisc » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:53 pm

that's okay <3

If there's anything else just ask.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Druid