Weapon/WeaponSkill

Re: Weapon/WeaponSkill

by Triggerhippy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:47 pm

I'm pretty sure I know how weapons work with Druids but just to make 100% sure, am I correct that equip powers work but on hit powers do not.

e.g. with the Unstoppable force http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19323 when in an animal form you get the 2% crit but not the stun chance?
Triggerhippy
Private
Private

by Keftenk » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:34 pm

Droom91 wrote:Also since weapon damage enchant on weapon is bugged atm or the druid class itself.
Druids do take advantage of +Weapon damage enchant atm in Nostalrius.
So if u are using cat form i recommend using a weapon damage enchant, that will boost your damage considerably.

Speaking of. I've read that this is a core MangOS bug, but I can't seem to find actual proof that +Weapon DMG wasn't working like this in vanilla. I always thought vanilla treated Druid forms as unarmed, but then...why does Druid feral lists have Might of Cenarius?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lorilay » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:35 am

Keftenk wrote:
Droom91 wrote:Also since weapon damage enchant on weapon is bugged atm or the druid class itself.
Druids do take advantage of +Weapon damage enchant atm in Nostalrius.
So if u are using cat form i recommend using a weapon damage enchant, that will boost your damage considerably.

Speaking of. I've read that this is a core MangOS bug, but I can't seem to find actual proof that +Weapon DMG wasn't working like this in vanilla. I always thought vanilla treated Druid forms as unarmed, but then...why does Druid feral lists have Might of Cenarius?

I (and a few other druids) specifically tested this in vanilla and posted our results to the Cat DPS Megathread on the Elitist Jerks forum. Unfortunately, it's long since been deleted and wayback didn't archive it. Long story short, it had no effect, which was why +25 agi and +15 str are listed as the cat enchants you wanted.

There was never any official answer on why +weapon damage armor had an effect (Might of Cenarius and Ogri'La trinket), but I'd hazard a guess that weightstones and weapon enchants are modifiers for a specific weapon that you have equipped, while damage modifiers from armor are set up to increase the damage of any weapon you have equipped (including no weapon, in the case of feral forms). In hindsight, it would have been interesting to test the ring on unarmed weapon damage in caster form. I don't think it was ever intended to increase cat damage, but blizzard never removed it, and added a similar item that was also BiS in TBC.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by euronmisc » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Lorilay is correctomundo.

In TBC they did change weighstones to affect a shapeshifted druid's damage, but to this day a weapon damage enchant does nothing.

Weightstones and Sharpening Stones: The bonus damage from these temporary enchantments now works while shapeshifted.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_2.4.0
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:40 pm

So...this bug is most likely going to stay? The ISVV team seems pretty stubborn when it comes to bugs like this. They want absolute proof even if 99.99% of people know it's wrong. I understand it from their point of view. They just want to make absolutely sure that it's bugged, but....
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by euronmisc » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:08 pm

It wasn't on the bug tracker AFAIK, I made a bug report about it two days ago, but it got a little messed up with the formatting.

No buttons to preview, edit or delete my report so maybe someone else wants to redo it and they can delete mine idk.

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3807
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:50 pm

What were you trying to do? Make the post pretty with HTML tags?
I'd just repost it with straight forward formatting if that was the intention. They'll close one or mark it invalid, but at least we'd know its been looked at.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lorilay » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:11 pm

I looked pretty exhaustively for supporting evidence that survived, and this was all I could find.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Druid