Is Druid right for me?

Is Druid right for me?

by Melomaniacal » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:05 pm

Hey guys, so I'm casually getting back into vanilla WoW (haven't really played since early retail TBC) and I'm having trouble deciding on a class. Back on retail I never got into serious raiding, and instead spent most of my time doing BGs or seeking out/organizing world PvP skirmishes. I started as a Paladin, then moved on to Shaman (I always loved hybrid classes).

So my issue now is that I have even less time to play and get geared, but I still want to have fun questing, PvPing, and maybe some dungeoning if I ever have time. I'm no longer interested in Shaman, and Paladins are... kinda boring, though I love being able to hold my own on the front line and still provide heals and utility to my group. But can I do this as Druid with mostly PvP/rep reward, AH, and crafted gear?

I guess I'm curious as to the different specs and playstyles Druid has to offer, in PvP (BGs and world), and questing/grinding. So, as a Druid, would I be able to provide respectable heals without being picked off as soon as I'm targeted? Could I switch roles from a backline healer to holding my own on the frontline? I don't need to be stellar on the DPS front, but getting some good kills is always fun, too. I think what I liked most about Paladins is that I could be in back, feeling useful healing and buffing, but once I inevitably get targeted, I wasn't going to drop like a fly without support. Could a Druid give decent heal and support, then put up a good fight in bear/cat form once the enemy closes in?

Sorry if this is a silly thing to ask - I'm really ignorant about Druids!
Melomaniacal
Tester

Return to Druid