PvP/PvE Resto Spec

PvP/PvE Resto Spec

by Simsalar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:10 pm

I recently hit 60 and want to respec from my 14/32/5 build to a build that's suitable for PvP but will also allow me to run some raids later on.

My first thought was the kinda obvious 0/30/21 build but I'm worried that my healing capacities would be a little sub-par. So I tried to build another one that has a little more emphasis on the resto tree, along the lines of

primarily this one: https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/druid?build=01400030000000005032001000000000055303105315001

or this one: https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/druid?build=01400030000000005032021000000000055203105315000

I'm not sure on feral instinct vs thick hide yet, in the second one I'm also considering leaving out Feline Swiftness and going 5/5 thick hide. I guess my cat dps is gonna be shit anyway so I'd rather have a little more survivability. Or I'll just put the 2 points into Nature's Focus.

What do you think? Is it worth it putting the extra points in the resto tree or is the benefit too little to make up for losing HotW? I thought about putting the 8 balance points into feral but since I don't have enough points to reach anything too meaningful I decided to rather go for Natural Shapeshifter. Also not sure on Swiftmend, definitely nice to have in PvP and 5 mans, but in raids it's probably not quite as useful. On the other hand I'm going deep resto anyway so why not take it for one point?
Simsalar
Tester

Re: PvP/PvE Resto Spec

by Doreo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:44 pm

I'm no expert, but I think if you want to do any sort of hybrid build in Vanilla, esp on druid, you may want to a balance/resto build instead. The stats you want for each tree are more similar than feral resto.
Also, Nature's grace, balance talent, grants a .5 cast reduction after ANY spell crits. This couples nicely with imp regrowth.
A tree along these lines for example https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/druid ... 0105014050
Doreo
Tester

by euronmisc » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:33 am

It depends on how much you want to optimize for raiding. If you want to do the best as possible in raids and still have a good time pvping, then 8/11/32 is the way to go.

If you just want to pug some raids every now and then and don't really care that much, feel free to dump more points into feral.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Tiddy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:50 am

If you spec that far into balance, might as well get moonglow. That talent is very nice for healing, and is the main reason resto druids choose to do a balance hybrid. Also might as well get improved thorns to help out with your dire maul farming.
Tiddy
Tester

by Finalflash » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:42 pm

Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Noxm » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:53 pm

Hi finalflash
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Finalflash » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:18 pm

Noxm wrote:Hi finalflash

yo! made a new druid 3 days ago, lvl 36 atm.
name: Finalfurashu
Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Discarta » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:17 pm

hey finalflash, do you have a pve set and a pvp set, or do you use the same set for both?
I'm not really sure what stats I should prioritize when going a hybrid build like that
Discarta
Private
Private

by Finalflash » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:21 pm

Discarta wrote:hey finalflash, do you have a pve set and a pvp set, or do you use the same set for both?
I'm not really sure what stats I should prioritize when going a hybrid build like that

Ye, i had a specific set for pvp. Tier 2 set + random items with a focus on stamina, spell dmg, intellect and healing. Try get +4k hp for pvp. I also had a shadow resistance set.
Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Druid