Wolfshead Helm

Wolfshead Helm

by Doopse » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:46 pm

Feral druids in raids:

Sell me on the idea of using Wolfshead Helm.

Is it only for powershifting?
Do I need to use it with Rune of Metamorphosis for optimization?
Is it worth using over things like Foror's Eyepatch out of ZG or r13 headgear?
Doopse
Tester

Re: Wolfshead Helm

by Undertanker » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:43 am

It's worth it for power-shifting, takes a lot of practice of bringing yourself to 0 and then power shifting while lining up the energy tick so you don't waste 20 energy.

Not sure if a stop casting macro is needed, but when playing on my druid it feels like I can't form shift as fast as I should be able to. (I see videos from 2005-2006 with power shifting and I never see their NE form, just two shifting clouds and boom, 60 energy)

You can look up older videos of feral dps that actually show up on the meters (AQ+ gear ofc) and they are power shifting for 60 energy so they clearly have the helm.

The trinket, you can use as I do with Life Giving Gem. On shorter fights, and you can swap it out during trash pulls when there is 30 sec left on the CD, put it back on (if out of combat). So the equip internal cool-down lines up with the remainder of the trinket cool-down.

I'm not sure if it is just me, it just seems on warrior/druid the ability to use a global after a dance/shift is longer than I remember, and could effect power shifting dps greatly. (which is required to pull your weight)

As non-weapon based chance on hits work with cat form, I'd be interested in seeing if 3/4 storm shroud for more energy coupled with power shifting w/ wolfshead helm would do for your energy regeneration. (mind you need to focus hit gear else where as stormshroud is crit based gear - was OP on my rogue)
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Druid