Hybrid Druid (Heart of the Wild)

Re: Hybrid Druid (Heart of the Wild)

by St0rfan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:30 am

Draenin wrote:Image

This is the build I'm rocking, honestly I believe it's better than full-resto for healing. Less mana costs, I use improved rejuvenation for world PVP mostly, but stacking up rejuvs in raid was better than going off and topping off DPS with a quick healing-touch.

Also makes me not useless in the world, I can farm better and actually do damage in PVP and improved thorns in Balance is godly for tanks.

Its not a bad build. Most would consider it an AQ40 and forward option though considering you will be stacking crit.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Daedalos » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:33 am

People actually say; that this spec is for decent-geared druids. But I simply can't find ANY downsides to this build over full resto, even for 55+ shittygeared noobs. Could any1 elaborate as to why, a deep resto spec, is viable anywhere?

Its not a bad build. Most would consider it an AQ40 and forward option though considering you will be stacking crit.

How come it's not suited for 55+? Let's say you remove Nature's Grace. Then you still get extra -9% mana cost on your primary spells.
< Daedalos > Tauren Druid [PvP]
Leatherworking, Skinning, Cooking, Fishing
Daedalos
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Keftenk » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:47 am

Moonglow such a wasted slot for points. If you're OOMing as a Druid then you need to reconsider your buffs and consumables. You can sit with around 11k mana under Flask + world buffs (9k without flask). Then all you need to do is chug mana pots and runes, even if you're Regrowth casting.

Might I suggest ranking up to buy the cheap battle mana pots.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Daedalos » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:03 am

Keftenk wrote:Moonglow such a wasted slot for points. If you're OOMing as a Druid then you need to reconsider your buffs and consumables. You can sit with around 11k mana under Flask + world buffs (9k without flask). Then all you need to do is chug mana pots and runes, even if you're Regrowth casting.

Well, obviously, I haven't raided hightier as a resto druid. Feedback like this is needed for me to choose a viable spec. How do you feel about the hybrid spec I posted originally? And what spec would you suggest for deep resto instead?
Daedalos
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Keftenk » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:13 am

Daedalos wrote:
Keftenk wrote:Moonglow such a wasted slot for points. If you're OOMing as a Druid then you need to reconsider your buffs and consumables. You can sit with around 11k mana under Flask + world buffs (9k without flask). Then all you need to do is chug mana pots and runes, even if you're Regrowth casting.

Well, obviously, I haven't raided hightier as a resto druid. Feedback like this is needed for me to choose a viable spec. How do you feel about the hybrid spec I posted originally? And what spec would you suggest for deep resto instead?

I'm actually curious about the HotW spec. Is it 20% off of base intellect? If so that isn't too great. That's like 20 extra int or 300 more mana, yea? If it's not then I might highly consider this when T3 comes out to make my Druid nothing but an energy/rage bot for the melee.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Draenin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:41 am

Daedalos wrote:Image

You don't need subtlety, if your tank is a good tank. Like at-all, it does mean that if the tank dies more than likely you'll get aggro, but just don't let that happen.
I'd put those two points into something else, anything else really.

Probably good for leveling and doing dungeons and I've seen feral/resto used a ton in PVP. But for progression probably no, I wouldn't. Though the extra intellect could be interesting, and it could certainly be helpful with de-cursing, but that's probably all really. I'd say go for it and see how it works out.

I completely disagree. Getting a flask which last time I checked was around 100g per flask, is a ridiculous waste. If you have the gold I'd say sure go for it, but you do not need that in MC or ZG, maybe in BWL with the longer fights.

Going for moonglow is such a benefit for you personally and can help out a ton, when I was progressing I brought along greater mana pots and runes because I was still running out of mana in some fights and It was completely fine, I went through content with the build and generally I did alright.

St0rfan wrote:Its not a bad build. Most would consider it an AQ40 and forward option though considering you will be stacking crit.

I don't believe you should really focus on stacking crit, I have 7% and it procs a decent amount. Though when I was using T1 it was up nearly all of the time after a heal and with hots.
Draenin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Keftenk » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:19 am

Well, you don't need the flask for anything but what's more valuable? 3 points into another talent(s) or -9% mana cost which is pretty insignificant. It takes a little less than 90minutes to farm 100g in Maraudon. Even so, 9000 mana is more than enough for Druid so going OOM even without the flask would still be mind boggling.

Either you're using too high of a Regrowth rank or you're...like how do you OOM while using Healing Touch? Haha...
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Daedalos » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:46 pm

I'm actually curious about the HotW spec. Is it 20% off of base intellect? If so that isn't too great. That's like 20 extra int or 300 more mana, yea? If it's not then I might highly consider this when T3 comes out to make my Druid nothing but an energy/rage bot for the melee.

I need enlightenment on this matter. Is HotW actually on base INT or on total INT?
Daedalos
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Keftenk » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:11 pm

Daedalos wrote:

I need enlightenment on this matter. Is HotW actually on base INT or on total INT?

Easy to test. If you have the talent. Equip a piece of int gear, say it has 10. If you're getting 12. Then it's off of gear. If you're still getting 10 then it's based off your base INT value.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Brion » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Daedalos wrote:

Total INT. All of HotW's stat increases are on the total number.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Druid