Druid tanking raid bosses? Sure!

Re: Druid tanking raid bosses? Sure!

by Doofoos » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:05 pm

Zula wrote:Won't be a problem at all. You can just go into bearform again. The class call only happen for non feral Druids.

Even if that's true, 1.5 seconds in human form between reshifts will be the death in 99,9% of cases.
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by dbDozer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:53 pm

Keftenk wrote:
St0rfan wrote:Can druids tank most raid bosses in vanilla, especially for a guild that is already farming the content? Sure!

Would it be my first choice? No!

^ This.

I think what, Broodlord Lashlayer would be the only fight I'd prefer Bear over Warrior? I guess anything where TPS is a much larger issue as well.

I generally get put in over my guilds prot warriors on Jindo as well, because Bears are immune to the hex so it makes for less hassle.
dbDozer
Private
Private

by Imbaslap » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:54 pm

also nice for spellbinders in bwl trash too. :)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Fegan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Because everything currently is too easy anyway, why not use a bear and have some fun instead of tryharding with the best possible setup and clear the same dungeon on the same day anyway? It has always been beyond me.

Progressing raid sure I get it, but after that? Lol. Get a bear and let him enjoy the game.
Fegan
Private
Private

by Zula » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:01 pm

Doofoos wrote:
Zula wrote:Won't be a problem at all. You can just go into bearform again. The class call only happen for non feral Druids.

Even if that's true, 1.5 seconds in human form between reshifts will be the death in 99,9% of cases.

If it takes you 1.5sec to go into bear form again its your reaction time that needs improving.

This is because the boss is forcing you out of form, it's not you trying to shapeshift.
As Basiok once said " Moon is sheep. Let it be written "
Zula
Grunt
Grunt

by Doofoos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:22 pm

Zula wrote:If it takes you 1.5sec to go into bear form again its your reaction time that needs improving.

Tell this to 13k online delay ;)
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dr. Doom » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:43 am

dbDozer wrote:
Keftenk wrote:
St0rfan wrote:Can druids tank most raid bosses in vanilla, especially for a guild that is already farming the content? Sure!

^ This.

I think what, Broodlord Lashlayer would be the only fight I'd prefer Bear over Warrior? I guess anything where TPS is a much larger issue as well.

I generally get put in over my guilds prot warriors on Jindo as well, because Bears are immune to the hex so it makes for less hassle.

This one I agree entirely.
Even as protection warrior I'd often leave that fight to a bear.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dr. Doom » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:44 am

In your opinion bear tanks are better than prot paladins? Seems to be the general consensus I believe. Except for the AoE/trash tanking part.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Druid