Feral at lvl 60 PvP

Feral at lvl 60 PvP

by northaunt » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:33 am

Hello guys. Just interested in making druid. How is it in PvP? Especially at lvl 60. Which classes are easy to fight and which are hard? How it does overall?

Sorry for bad english
northaunt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Feral at lvl 60 PvP

by dbDozer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:01 pm

I'm not a super l33t pvper, just posting based on my own experience. In general, you are strong into rogues and warriors, and weak into shamans and warlocks. Once warriors get to a certain point in gear though, they will reck you like they do everything else. For rogues (and warriors if they aren't geared), stay in bear form and outlast them, they will barely scratch you through all that armor. Make sure to apply faerie fire liberally. As my gear improved I found shamans a bit more manageable than they once were, but they can still give you a very rough fight. Don't go near warlocks unless they are hurt and you think you can one-shot them with ravage; it's just not worth it they will melt you. Hunters seem to be a skill matchup, and one of the most fun classes for me to fight personally. Stay close and on top of them, and learn to shift out when they cast fear beast and you will be okay.
dbDozer
Private
Private

by rxvx » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:10 pm

Not great. They're fine if you play them like a hybrid and not like a wannabe rogue, which means leaving catform to root somebody, toss abolish poison and some hots, bear charge and stun etc bring utility to the party because that's what you're best at since dmg isn't it. PvP gear is great for this, but keep in mind the delay and lag which means you'll struggle to auto hit anything running away from you since you don't have a slow and that powershifting is basically impossible and it takes like 3 globals to go from one form to another.
If you have access to AQ gear when it comes out, deep feral becomes more viable since your dmg isn't horrible anymore.
rxvx
Private
Private

by Tamanous » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:41 am

They are very gear dependent. Once you can get your stats bloated out they do fine to great, as previously mentioned, against certain classes. I played feral a ton in pvp in retail in vanilla. It isn't until BC where they become extremely powerful but in some respects they are more balanced here.

Indeed they have a serious weakness against well played shadow types and healers. Paladins are actually doable in long battles where you lay your bleeds out over and over but could simply stalemate. Battlegrounds or open world pvp is where they are meant to be (no arena here anyway). I usually would hang with a rogue or other classes that made up for feral's weaknesses against some classes. Always found it fun to play along side a good hunter and laugh at how many fools ignored me thinking I was their pet. ;)

It is all about power shifting and being extremely mobile. Very fun if willing to accept their limitations in vanilla.
Tamanous
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Druid