Is this possible?

Re: Is this possible?

by Xarizma » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:29 am

Because I have been tanking and healing aswell due to lack of druids, go check my old raistats, ive been on top 5 many times in my guild, unfortunately there are many times I have to taunt wing buffets due to lack of a 4th tank, or sleep on razorgore, and my guild isnt as hardcore to allow us to go all out in fights as our tanks are laking in TPS

A couple of months ago I was trying hard to beat grayclaw now ive collected the gear I need but I dont get the opportunity to DPS due to other cancer, but ive stacked alot of consumables soon im going feral again, add me in game if you want we can run a dungeon (ubrs) I can pull 600 dps + with no buffs easily, not saying feral is the best dps but this 280 AP buff is actually keeping feral druids at a very acceptable level of dps given you have the right gear at the current state of the game
Last edited by Xarizma on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xarizma
Private
Private

by euronmisc » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:45 am

Lol calm down bros.

Everyone here agrees that this not something that is OP or gamebreaking. However, it's confirmed as something that did not work on retail by the ISVV team and with that it's officially a bug. This just means 'This did not work on retail, but it works here'.

Nobody here hates ferals, or wants them to do badly. However, you'll have to find different ways to minmax your class than weapon damage enchants.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Taladril » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:02 am

ihealwarrior wrote:your personal attack weakens your position, does not strengthen it. fyi

but i raid with tunner, 4th place for feral dps, your #10.... maybe you could learn a trick or two from him?
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Ranki ... ssLimit=Dr

doesn't change the math, in pve, a rogue or fury is noticeably better for melee dps. try hard cat is about 1/2 the dps of a try hard rouge/fury, top cat is 481 dps. 895 for rogue, 980 for war. literally 1 rogue or war = 2 cats

in pvp, you will net more total damage for your team healing 2-3 people for 60 seconds, then doing 10k damage as cat with everyone dying around you.

cat form may be fun (i loved ganking leveling) but it isnt good dps, and weakens your team in battlegrounds. its probably the best ganking spec and 1v1 spec for druid.

the reality is, there is no such thing as try hard cat form, its a fun spec, but ultimately its for losers.

a truly try hard competitive person will re-roll rogue/war/resto. someone who is ok with making concessions on being weak/sub-par will play cat.

Being a cat for raiding is not a waste. We are an ideal 3rd tank, low but decent dps when tryharding, and can even heal for world bosses when dps isn't as important as survivability. Druid can bring a lot to the table where rogues can't.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ihealwarrior » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:16 am

fury with tank set is better for the situation you are describing. except maybe in a crisis situation where a quick shift to bear form to emergency tank.

im a huge druid fan - dont let my blunt math come off as anti-druid, but lets be realistic. a fury will do roughly double the dps of a cat, and can easily throw on a tank set when needed.

feral is not nearly as good as resto/bear for wsg FCing and premading in general

its probably the best druid 1v1 and ganking spec, but the larger a fight in pvp the weaker they become. healing 2-4 people as resto for 30 seconds = more damage than cat and letting those 2-4 people die
ihealwarrior
Private
Private

by Taladril » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:25 am

I strongly disagree that a fury in tank gear is better than a full feral with tank gear. Additionally I am comparing the 3rd tank being a prot vs a druid. And a druid definitely is better dps than a prot.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ihealwarrior » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:58 am

in terms of tanking ? i would agree but i wouldnt put the feral much ahead of the fury. ahead yes, but not by loads.

im saying the minimal advantage of a bear tank vs fury tank is negated by the math that the fury will do roughly twice the damage of the druid for the vast majority of the instance

only strong fight for a bear is broodlord imo
ihealwarrior
Private
Private

by Taladril » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:35 am

You're missing the point. I'm not suggesting druids are for main tanks. They are for the 3rd tank spot. For raids you want to bring at least 3-4 tanks. My optimal tank core would be 2 prots and a feral, rather than 3 prots. If we need 4 then a fury would be alright.
We can do decent dps and when the third tank is needed, slap on tank gear. Having a fury be a frequent tank is mispurposing them. Having a third prot is not as useful as a feral who can do better dps and provide more utility.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Eric » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:35 pm

Banning people for something that the developers know about and haven't fixed yet, I feel is slightly dumb.
Eric
Tester

by euronmisc » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:08 pm

you must be new here :lol: :lol: :lol:
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Xarizma » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:02 pm

ihealwarrior wrote:in terms of tanking ? i would agree but i wouldnt put the feral much ahead of the fury. ahead yes, but not by loads.

im saying the minimal advantage of a bear tank vs fury tank is negated by the math that the fury will do roughly twice the damage of the druid for the vast majority of the instance

only strong fight for a bear is broodlord imo

Again where are you getting this from?
Do you have any druid friends that tank?
Do they even have appropriate gear? Are they R13 or just some preraid bis Pleb who maybe got a dark iron ring from MC?
With threat gear talents and world buffs I get to 35% crit in bear form and each time it hits for 1.2-1.5k generating an instant 4-6k aggro.
A bear with full consumables will beat a thunderfury warrior in threat, maul scales by % not + X.

Fury warrior better offtank than a druid is a joke, no primal fury? Well enjoy being rage starved for the entire fight while you struggle to keep up with the main tanks TPS.

Bear tanks also do more DPS than protection or fury tanks because that is our main source of generating threat, while a warrior relies on high block chance to get his own +% threat ability to scale.
Xarizma
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Druid