Is this possible?

Re: Is this possible?

by Grayclaw » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:23 pm

One of the sources used to prove that weightstones shouldn't effect feral forms in fact explicitly states that "The bonus damage from Weightstones and Sharpening Stones also does work." (see link below). I think we need some GM guidance as to what we can and cannot do here since there is a lot of conflicting information out there. It would be a shame to implement this and nerf the few feral druids that actually put in the over the top effort to be viable in raids. I for one will probably quit playing on Nostalrius if they implement this as it will render all of the hard work I've done to bring feral druid to a viable end-game level completely useless.

http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Druid
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

by Masaken » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:15 am

I think we need some GM guidance as to what we can and cannot do here since there is a lot of conflicting information out there.

I agree with Greyclaw here. I dont think personally that you should fix the bug as I feel it balances our class nicely, but then again I'm biased.
Also I'll ague that since flat stats like str, agi, and def works in shabeshift so should a flat stat like +weapon dmg.
Masaken
Private
Private

by euronmisc » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:34 am

Weightstones and sharpening stones were changed in patch 2.4.0 to affect druids while shapeshifted, which is probably why wowwiki is telling you that they do.

Honestly, I seriously doubt anyone will get banned for this since it's such a minor thing, which is why it's probably not high on the to;do list of the staff.
However, it is not debatable that this is not a bug. This did not work on retail, it's a super common bug on almost every server out there, and it should not work on Nostalrius and that's the end of the discussion as far as I am concerned.

This has nothing to do with anyone disliking feral druids, or even nerfing them. I feel bad for Grayclaw and other feralfriends who worked hard to maximize their class but at the end of the day this is vanilla, and in vanilla ferals are barely viable end-game dps.

There is nothing to balance here. Vanilla is not balanced and leaving in bugs and non-blizzlike scripts in favor of 'class-balance' is not a road I want to travel.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:49 am

Lol at people threatening to quit over an unintended class/mechanic bug. The QQ.
Where were the :babyrages: when Cat form on Nost got their damage nerfed by 100%? That was also a class/mechanic bug. Do you want that back as well?

Seriously...
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gebius » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:38 pm

As this threat went back to a feral viability thing again,

yeah we only got decent dps with doing all possible to us.

but as i am a Feral Tank more than Dps, i really love having that Feral in the 3rd/4th Tank slot
with best Offtanking threat , high threat to begin with , and the ability to Dps when only less Tanks or no offthreat needed.
Yeah we will have a little less Threat and less Dps , but we are safe in the spot we are.

And for that discussion , no Fury Warrior comes close to our Tankiness + Threat.

Regarding the question of gear, with PreRaid Bis + Ragnaros Cape i did withstand Broodlord in BWL progression
I had no other MC Gear for tanking at that point.
The only Problem in first Week of BWL was Chromaggus Enrage ( couldnt test it after ) and obviously Nefarian Classcall.
gebius
Private
Private

by Dr. Doom » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:53 pm

Grayclaw wrote:I know I may have come off as kind of smug in the way I've responded to your desires to fix this "bug". However, I do understand your desire to make Nost as true to the Vanilla Experience as possible. The main impetus for my trying to combat this change is how much I enjoy making a widely believed to be "unviable" spec into one that is more than just viable, but rather a huge asset to my guild. It gives me great satisfaction to prove the feral haters wrong and this change would hurt my case.

-Grayclaw

You believe the bolded to be arguments?
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Grayclaw » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:19 pm

No, Dr. Doom. They are simply my feelings on the matter and hardly arguments. The argument for not making the change I have posted in another comment, which is specifically the fact there is much conflicting evidence out there as to if this change should in fact be made. One vanilla resource guide says one thing, another says something completely different. I think the background research needs to be done and fully vetted before implementing a change that is targeted at crippling just a handful of players on Nost that aren't breaking the game whatsoever.
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

by Lmk » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Can we have the official sources and the patch on which there has been this change?

( Sorry , for me wiki is not a real sources )
Lmk
Tester

by Lmk » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:05 pm

Before change something , can be great to have a official source + patchnote.
Lmk
Tester

by Grayclaw » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:44 pm

I submitted a ticket about this topic yesterday. Received a reply today in my inbox from a GM with a vague message that they are "looking into the issue". Since there is no concrete direction from GMs as of now, I assume it is fine to continue the status quo of using +wep dmg enchants and weightstones.
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Druid