Is this possible?

Re: Is this possible?

by euronmisc » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:47 pm

Weightstones and Sharpening Stones: The bonus damage from these temporary enchantments now works while shapeshifted.

From the official WoW site.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/2-4-0

Regarding +weapon enchants, there are no patch notes for that. Which isn't strange as right now they do not work on retail, and they never did.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Maybe the better objective is to find a vanilla source that actually supports +weapon on your weapon. I mean...theres a reason why everyone used AGI and STR, right? It's not like people didn't have vanilla figured out, mechanic wise.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:26 pm

Keftenk wrote:Maybe the better objective is to find a vanilla source that actually supports +weapon on your weapon. I mean...theres a reason why everyone used AGI and STR, right? It's not like people didn't have vanilla figured out, mechanic wise.

I think 2.4's note is quite the conclusive case.
It means that all the BC era prior to SWP had druids not getting any benefit at all from the stones. And since there is no reference in 2.0.1 about there being a change from vanilla to BC regarding this issue, and since guides from the era never suggested using them for any extra damage increase, it's pretty sound to conclude these stones did nothing for shapeshifted damage.

I think Pottu's post here is spot on and the proper conclusion: Specific weapon bonuses, whether enchant or temporary buffs should not affect shapeshifted damage (which counts as unarmed but max weapon skill), but all encompassing +weapon increases do help, as they also affect the unarmed/shifted damage.

And it's only logical after all, for if specific weapon enchants worked, cats and bears would be hitting with flametongue and windfury bonuses if paired with a shaman, something that I doubt anyone here is going to say should be a thing.

Common sense, just common sense.

This bug is marked as Confirmed in the bugtracker anyway, so the devs are aware and agree the way things work right now isn't intended. Whether that will be fixed in the short to medium term is a whole different question though.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Grayclaw » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:20 pm

I suppose the final question I have is this:

For feral druids, is using +wep damage enchants and/or weightstones a bannable offense?
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

by Keftenk » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Mahtan wrote:Answer:

The silly thing is +weapon damage still benefits you and your attacks in caster, travel, moonkin, and aquatic form. However, since Nost can't resolve this issue fast enough you could get banned for it if you happen to transform into Cat or Bear? Dumb.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Grayclaw » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:28 pm

Appreciate that Keftank, but I got a GM response today that was entirely different. It simply said they are looking into the issue and made no reference to bannable offenses. That post/image you reference has no context and could literally be in reference to any number of the bug abuses on the server.
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

by Keftenk » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:51 pm

It could. It was posted in this thread though so I just quoted it.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Grayclaw » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:10 pm

Not discrediting you, Keftank. Simply saying that the original post you referenced is really just heresay since there is no context for the GM's response. Really just looking for a GM to settle this and say either "yes, you can continue using them", or, "no, you must stop using them".

To add some additional confusion to this issue, I do actually reap benefit from the +wep dmg enchant and weightstones when I swing my mace in between shifting, which I find can actually be a nice dps boost. Doesn't seem fair to remove the +wep dmg/weightstone benefit in this particular case, since it is the proper use of the enchant/weightstone.

Also, is it okay to use mana oils on weapons while in feral forms?
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

by Taladril » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Unless we get an official admin response or the bug is fixed you are opening yourself to the whims of the gm's. Most probably won't care or do anything. But if you have one having a bad day or being extra cranky then a weapon enchant may be one thing too many.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Grayclaw » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:58 pm

Just got confirmation from a GM that ferals using +wep dmg enchants and weightstone is in fact considered bug abuse and is bannable. I'd advise that all your ferals out there switch over to Strength and Agility enchants or face being permabanned.
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Druid