[BOOMKIN] Comprehensive BiS List (1.11/Naxx)

Re: [BOOMKIN] Comprehensive BiS List (1.11/Naxx)

by Norjak » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Abyssal Leather Leggings of Sorcery (15 Int +18 SP +1% crit) are missing from your list starting with patch 1.8
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Keftenk » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:16 pm

Abyssal Leather Leggings of Sorcery is only 15 sta 15 int 18sp. There is no spell crit, only melee crit. I suppose they should be on the spreadsheet, but they're worse than Tressermane Leggings.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Taladril » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:54 pm

All of the abyssal leather stuff is geared toward melee dps. The good stuff for moonkin would be the cloth abyssal pieces.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:03 pm

Where does it say the leather pieces only have melee crit? If I see a tooltip with +1% crit, there's nothing that indicates to me that it's exclusive to a certain kind of attack.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Taladril » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:07 pm

Norjak wrote:Where does it say the leather pieces only have melee crit? If I see a tooltip with +1% crit, there's nothing that indicates to me that it's exclusive to a certain kind of attack.

If it just says crit it's always melee crit. It has to specifically say spell crit to get spell crit.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:12 pm

I swear to god. It's the Abyssal Leather Shoulders argument all over again...
@Norjak, I advise you to actually use a vanilla WoW database to search of items. Thanks..
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Taladril » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:14 pm

Looking at the thread it actually says 13.33 spi per mp5, however the difference is so small that I would need more significant digits to show it. But I also updated the spi and mp5 values to presuming rank 7 starfire. So I believe these are the final numbers as of now. Note that I separated damage and mana and split int in the process.

SP: 1
Int: 0.099 (value added for increased crit)
Crit: 5.94
Hit: 6.55

MP5: 0.35 (value only if you go oom)
Spi: 0.026 (value only if you go oom)
Int: 0.085 (value added for increased mana pool)
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:36 pm

Taladril wrote:
Norjak wrote:Where does it say the leather pieces only have melee crit? If I see a tooltip with +1% crit, there's nothing that indicates to me that it's exclusive to a certain kind of attack.

If it just says crit it's always melee crit. It has to specifically say spell crit to get spell crit.

In that case, there are many pieces with nice caster stats (including an Int/mp5 ring & a couple armor sets) with poorly itemized crit. Welcome to Vanilla, I guess...Abyssal Leather Leggings of Restoration? That extra melee crit isn't going to do anyone much good.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lorilay » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:24 am

Norjak wrote:
Taladril wrote:

In that case, there are many pieces with nice caster stats (including an Int/mp5 ring & a couple armor sets) with poorly itemized crit. Welcome to Vanilla, I guess...Abyssal Leather Leggings of Restoration? That extra melee crit isn't going to do anyone much good.

If you're curious whether it's melee or spell crit, click on the actual bonus on a database website. For example, Abyssal Leggings leads to Increased Critical 1, which specifies that it's for "Physical School." Compare this to, say, bloodvine set bonus, which leads to Increased Spell Critical. Keep in mind, these databases are pulled from the same client we're running on Nostalrius.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:45 am

Taladril wrote:The good stuff for moonkin would be the cloth abyssal pieces.

Abyssal Cloth Pants of Sorcery should be on the list...
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Druid