[BOOMKIN] Comprehensive BiS List (1.11/Naxx)

Re: [BOOMKIN] Comprehensive BiS List (up to 1.10/Pre-Naxx) [

by Keftenk » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Norjak wrote:Great list.
This one will be more useful to most players. The other list has no MC/ZG/PvP gear, which is unrealistic for anyone interested in gearing a Boomkin on Nost.

Keftenk wrote:Abyssal Cloth Amice of Sorcery 1%

There's a Leather version of this item with the same stats that Druids will have an easier time obtaining. Might as well list that one, or list both if you want to keep showing the cloth version. The cloth version will be sought after by every other caster. They both drop off different Silithus lords.

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/8194 ... malogsetc/
This thread from the Feenix forum has some good info as well. He seems to be aiming for 16% hit, so there's a difference of opinion (not sure what the math is there.)

The leather version isn't spell hit, thus making it worse than Burial Shawl.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Norjak » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:52 pm

Keftenk wrote:
Norjak wrote:The leather version isn't spell hit, thus making it worse than Burial Shawl.

Has this been verified anywhere? The cloth version does say "hit with spells" while the leather version only mentions "hit". But it doesn't say physical hit so maybe they're trying to cover both spell/physical. Anyway, if a leather version "of sorcery" drops, it wouldn't make sense for the +hit to be physical.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Keftenk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:03 pm

Not to sound rude, but really?
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Abyssal_Leather_Shoulders

It makes perfect sense since this is how vanilla WoW itemization worked.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Norjak » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:14 pm

Doesn't say anything else about +hit (hit rating was BC), doesn't answer the question...
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Norjak » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:30 pm

If you look up the Cloth Amice on Wowwiki, it just says "hit rating" also, so I don't really see the point...but ok, so you're saying the Leather version is only physical Hit, thanks...
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Sparkly » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:45 pm

theres no boom in oom
Sparkly
Grunt
Grunt

by Botmaster5 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Sparkly wrote:theres no boom in oom

<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by TwinHeadedKraken » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:59 pm

Pottu wrote:I am not going to sticky 2 Boomkin threads. Either merge them or decide among the active druid posters here which one is better for the sticky spot.

The GM team.

No worries, it's understandable cause Boomkins are a rare species. Hopefully the Boomkin guide or the Feral/Resto BiS posts can give this a link.

Also updated including Naxx and some missing items I missed.

As always, if there is a missing item or wrong numbers, please let me know!

EDIT: Can you tell the dev team to allow +20 shadow damage to gloves also apply to arcane damage? :mrgreen: I'm not sure if +damage enchant to weapon applied to feral forms in Vanilla, I know it does here, if I'm mistaken, then nevermind.

EDIT2:
Norjak wrote:http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/8194 ... malogsetc/
This thread from the Feenix forum has some good info as well. He seems to be aiming for 16% hit, so there's a difference of opinion (not sure what the math is there.)

I've read that thread before researching Boomkin bis, and I'd like to quote surelynotdhorn, who I believe also crunched a lot of Warlock numbers, on page 2 of the post after replying to someone noting an increase in dps after dropping some hit for more crit.

surelynotdhorn wrote:There is no reason for that not to work, really. Especially for casters, people insist that hit is a stat they'd cut off their legs in order to get more of. The nice thing about DPS is that it is, for the most part, just a whole bunch of math - you take a stat, calculate the average DPS increase it gets you, you take another stat and do the same, whatever stat did better is the superior one. For any DPS class, you could come up with a list looking something like 1% hit = 10 spell damage = 0.9% crit (all arbitrary numbers for demonstration purposes, of course) for your current level of gear and decide on gear upgrades accordingly. Nobody has, at least publicly, done something like that for moonkins yet so whether something like Crimson Felt Hat or Bloodvine Goggles is superior can not actually be answered more conclusively than "no idea, nobody did the math". This is sort of a problem for many hybrid classes, nobody bothered to crunch some numbers, resulting in them being very unoptimized in terms of gear choices which leads to their questionable viability as raid DPS taking another hit.

Again, no one knows the secret "threshold" between spell hit/spell crit/and spell damage. My estimates are just personal numbers and not confirmed. Also, I did check "Mxxi" on realmplayers (not a Nostalrius player), and I believe the player transferred from Horde to Alliance. Anyways, his dps logs are kind of screwey for the gear that he has (a lot of hyper BiS in my list, simply because these items almost always go to Warlock/Mage first). I'm not sure if it's because he had to heal some fights or because he also downranks his Starfire (which he states in his guide).

I'm against downranking simply because it is a drop in DPS. I would rather drop some spell crit and very minimal spell damage for an increase in MP5 (and maintaining good spell hit) than downrank for longer fights (which is inevitable in AQ40/Naxx content). I believe 50 MP5 from gear along with raid buffs and consumables, you can easily cross 100+ MP5 including spirit gains with 15% Reflection talent in Resto.
Last edited by TwinHeadedKraken on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TwinHeadedKraken
Grunt
Grunt

Re: [BOOMKIN] Comprehensive BiS List (1.11/Naxx)

by Keftenk » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:19 pm

The +weapon damage is bug tracked and has been confirmed a bug. Whether it actually gets fixed or not is yet to be seen.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Druid