Fresh level 60 druid. Gearing up help

Fresh level 60 druid. Gearing up help

by Humble Kagu » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:54 pm

So I've just hit 60 recently and I'm new to endgame content so not really sure what to do next. I plan to respec as Resto but not sure if I should wait first and try to either craft or quest for some starter healing gear. Or maybe run some 5 man's with my Feral leveling build to get the gear.

Can I heal well in 5 man's with my Feral build or should I respec already? However all my gear is intended for my Feral build so not sure about that either. Any help would be appreciated.
Looking to re-live Vanilla together with a friendly, welcoming and well-behaved bunch? Then we open our doors at http://sanctuaryguild.org where we look forward to hear from you! ☼
Humble Kagu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Fresh level 60 druid. Gearing up help

by Norjak » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:30 am

If your plan is to heal at level 60, try to find gear with +healing, Int etc. MP5, Spirit & Stamina are helpful as well. There are probably other threads in this section that break it down pretty well.
You will want to respec away from Feral to something involving points in Resto - there are probably other threads in here containing this information.
As for gear you can continue with quests at max level, you can check to see which quest chains have rewards you might be able to use. There's a list of Preraid Best in Slot (Pre Bis) which a lot of groups look for as a measure of how well you would perform in a raid setting. Grind dungeons such as BRD, LBRS, UBRS, Scholo, Strat, Dire Maul etc for your gear upgrades.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hammersplat » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:54 am

Humble Kagu wrote:So I've just hit 60 recently and I'm new to endgame content so not really sure what to do next. I plan to respec as Resto but not sure if I should wait first and try to either craft or quest for some starter healing gear. Or maybe run some 5 man's with my Feral leveling build to get the gear.

Can I heal well in 5 man's with my Feral build or should I respec already? However all my gear is intended for my Feral build so not sure about that either. Any help would be appreciated.

How's it going? I would stay feral and collect/craft gear. Often people will take paladins or priests over druid healers to 5 mans because they can res. Or try too get into a MC pug or guild that is running MC because the T1 is good and you will probably collect it fast because there are not many druids on the server. Your druid can solo MC attunement.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Hammersplat wrote:Often people will take paladins or priests over druid healers to 5 mans because they can res. Or try too get into a MC pug or guild that is running MC because the T1 is good and you will probably collect it fast because there are not many druids on the server.

The majority of Druid T1 not good, it's worse than pre-BiS. I wouldn't be too concerned about the rez, most of the time it's not as important as being a good player. Druids also bring a different set of buffs to the group (unless there's already a Druid tank or dps.) If you can find a MC pug willing to take you with less than pre-BiS, by all means go for it, you might get some upgrades & the experience in a raid setting will be worth something...
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Humble Kagu » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Hammersplat wrote:How's it going? I would stay feral and collect/craft gear. Often people will take paladins or priests over druid healers to 5 mans because they can res. Or try too get into a MC pug or guild that is running MC because the T1 is good and you will probably collect it fast because there are not many druids on the server. Your druid can solo MC attunement.

Going well so far. I'm in a guild and we have been running 5 mans. Slowly getting myself some healing gear. I went ahead and respecced to a Resto build. Running a MC pug as you both suggested may be what I will try next. Thank you all for the suggestions :D
Looking to re-live Vanilla together with a friendly, welcoming and well-behaved bunch? Then we open our doors at http://sanctuaryguild.org where we look forward to hear from you! ☼
Humble Kagu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Druid