Tanking Ragnaros

Tanking Ragnaros

by Pixie » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:17 pm

We have been using a Bear tank with 313 FR(with pally aura no ubrs) and 7300 health 8k armor and approx. ~15% dodge for ragnaros fights. This seems to work well (high FR , no weapon to worry about breaking). Rag normal his for around 400-800 and critical hits for around 1200-1600. Other druids I've spoken to do not report issue with tanking Rag, however, occasionally I will get crushed for around 7k damage (3k resisted) . Other tanks in the guild do not report this, other druids I've spoken to don't see this. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Before you start saying Warriors don't get crushed, remember, the warriors are NOT def capped during rag fight. Sheild Block only lasts 10 seconds every 50. so about 20% of the time. If this were a matter of warriors pushing Crushing blows off the hit table, it would not be constantly off and at some point , someone would have seen this as well.

Furthermore with Critical hits doing twice (2x) normal damage and landing in the range of 1200-1600 a normal crushing blow should only be (if I recall correctly) one and half times (1.5x) normal damage, not 10k.

we cannot figure it out. Does this occur when FR is not over maxed? (> 315) Is this an issue with having agro but being out of range of his melee attacks? (something with being a bear and needing to stand closer?) Something else i'm over looking ? Any constructive comments are welcome.
Pixie
Tester

Re: Tanking Ragnaros

by Momoh » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:21 pm

this was on nost

with 310 FR and around 390 ish def
Melodyx
Momoh
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Softarunt » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Defense has no effect on crushing blows, but yeah 10k xd nice
Softarunt
Sergeant
Sergeant

by euronmisc » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:40 pm

And even with a maxed out resistance, there is still a very small chance that you will get hit for the max amount of damage.

Someone on a thread about NR in the PVP-server subforum linked this which was pretty neat.

euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Druid