Ele Shaman PvP viable and equip

Ele Shaman PvP viable and equip

by ceen2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:31 am

Hey,

Is elemental shaman viable in pvp?
And if I join a MC/BWL/AQ raid, can I join as a healer and roll for ele gear since it's the same as healer gear or are there differences.
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Ele Shaman PvP viable and equip

by Farty McGee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:31 pm

Yes, they're perfectly viable.

There is no such thing as specific ele gear in vanilla raids. There is only one version of each tier set and some parts are good for ele, some are useless (see: Earthfury Boots/Shoulders), only boosting flame/frost shock or providing only healing.

You can roll for any tier parts you need, unless they use DKP.
Farty McGee
Tester

Re: Ele Shaman PvP viable and equip

by Fook » Tue May 05, 2015 7:51 am

Elemental is among the most viable spec for pvp. A limited number of gear that drops is not viable for many other specs/classes except elemental e.g. deep earth spaulders, which I'm assuming a guild would allow rolls on or whatever the loot system might be.

Regarding the frost and fire damage, a lot, if not all of the items in the database are still based off of 1.4 so when the server eventually gets to 1.12.1 it will all be sorted out hopefully. Some tier gear is amazing for healing, some pieces are good for dps/pvp and some are just garbage, blizz probably originally intended to balance between both healing and dps but it doesn't work when you're trying to min-max.
Fook
Tester

Return to Shaman