New to Vanilla...

New to Vanilla...

by Lupar » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:40 am

...and I've decided I'm going to roll a shaman. At first I was going to play a class that I've never really played before, but then I realized how different Vanilla is from WoD/MoP in the first place so I thought I might as well play my main class on there anyway.

So, as an Enhancement Shaman who joined in MoP, is there anything I should know about shamans and Vanilla in general?
Lupar
Private
Private

Re: New to Vanilla...

by Landcrow » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:17 am

only healing sham is good in pve hl
enh is good in pvp
Landcrow
Private
Private

by Lupar » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:08 pm

That's not very helpful, Landcrow. What should I level as?
Lupar
Private
Private

by Throe » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:20 pm

Lupar wrote:That's not very helpful, Landcrow. What should I level as?

Enhancement is the only viable spec for leveling.
Resto is the only viable spec for raiding.
Throe
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lupar » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:32 am

Throe wrote:
Lupar wrote:That's not very helpful, Landcrow. What should I level as?

Enhancement is the only viable spec for leveling.
Resto is the only viable spec for raiding.

What an actual spec is seems a bit unclear to me as well. Do I just spend as many talent points as I can into the tree or what?

EDIT: Can someone also tell me about the 'Enhancement' rotation? Do I just spam lightning bolt?
Lupar
Private
Private

by Throe » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:34 pm

This has to be a troll. Anyways there is no rotation for enhancement, you melee and keep up flame shock.
Throe
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gonaro » Fri May 01, 2015 1:57 pm

The faster way to level up as a shaman is with the enchancement spec. There's no secret playing as ench, just keep the windfury up and use your shocks.

I started as resto for fun (my first time ever) until the level 40. Then I changed to elemental, and it has been pretty funny so far (lvl 56), even leveling.

Resto shamans are usefull everywhere, anytime. On dungeons, ele/ench shamans do a decent damage, also help with the buffs provided by the totems. However, on raids, these especs aren't very usefull, in comparison with other classes. But they're great for PvP.
But my hand was made strong
By the hand of the Almighty
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly

- Bob Marley
Gonaro
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fook » Tue May 05, 2015 8:25 am

This is a rough idea of what you want talents wise leveling up in enhance tree http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... 25023151o0 if you decide to go 1h shield I'd replace mana for the shield talent . Don't level a shaman expecting to raid as enhance/ele, no hardcore min-maxing guild will take you unless its a shit one and no nightfall doesn't make you an asset, nightfall is much better suited for an off-tank.
Fook
Tester

Return to Shaman