Elemental leveling

Elemental leveling

by gabi33 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:12 pm

I have leveled 1-60 on emerald dream as enh,but i find it VERRY weapon dependant and sometimes you get unlucky and no WF procs so your clear speed is realy slow.
I am aware that elemental has potentialy alot of downtime with drinking betwin pulls.
What do you guys think? Have you ever leveled as elemental and do you think its far worse than enh?
gabi33
Tester

Re: Elemental leveling

by riq and snog » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Hello gabi
I think the biggest downside to elemental lvling is the lack of spellpower gear. That means your dmg will never surpass the tooltip. (Well 5% from forst talent but thats it)
Thers always meelee stats on gear for enhancement...and your only doing 5% less magic dmg
That aside i think lvling elemental is just as possible just takes bit longer with the drinking
On spec i dont know because i dont know which talenttree there is (1.12.1 or 1.4.1)
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by erifornia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:49 pm

The talent trees are 1.12.
I think enh is the best spec to level a shaman. You get much more damage and utility from the enh tree than from the elemental tree.
erifornia
Grunt
Grunt

by callex » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:40 am

Enhancement is the best. Yeah its pretty luck dependent but elemental is just to mana starved for leveling imo (leveled enhancement to 60 on retail back in the day.)
callex
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Garfunkel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:03 pm

If the Flametongue bug is present at Nostalrius, as it is on Emerald Dream, where FT always does the same damage per hit no matter the weapon speed, then the quickest way to kill mobs is to strictly use 1.30 and 1.50 speed daggers. Even at 30, when you get Windfury, the FT out-performs WF with a 1.30 dagger. I just tested this last night and according to my Damagemeters, DPS with FT was 15% higher than with WF. Also, Clear casting can proc off the FT damage, which helps quite a bit with mana.

In any case, be prepared to drink a lot.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by RedFox » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:56 pm

This is my first vanilla experience, and i'm rollin' a sham. I noticed last night that flametongue procs and i'm only lvl 3, started once i began to use rockbiter. I have yet to test the damage vs. weapon speed, but interested in if flametongue is procing off of other weapon enhancment buffs also?
RedFox
Tester

by Vollyballer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Yea. flametongue is bugged because it randomly procs while using rockbiter.
Vollyballer
Tester

by Mizu » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:18 pm

I don't know why anyone levels with windfury when rockbiter does more dps and is actually consistent, so you get less overkill on top of that.
Mizu
Grunt
Grunt

by Larsen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:32 pm

Elemental sucks for leveling because there's no pushback protection for your spells. Since there's no pet to tank for you and no built-in CC in your main nuke, soloing mobs is a nightmare because getting hit means your spellcasting progress is knocked back a second. If you get an add, it's almost impossible to do anything at all.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Shaman