Grounding totem delay

Grounding totem delay

by morgo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:53 pm

So whenever i cast grounding totem the buff that grants you the spell immunity is delayed by 0.5second or so, which is quite alot.
Im pretty sure back in the days it was instant making it obviously more reliable.
Anyone else noticed this?
morgo
Tester

Re: Grounding totem delay

by zusukie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:21 pm

BUMP

yes i noticed it too , i played shaman in retail vanilla and grounding totem is not working correctly here on nostalrius
Zusukie - High Warlord Shaman Class Leader of <Emphasis>

zusukie
Grunt
Grunt

by skyracer500 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Even as a nonshaman, I've noticed this.. Infact, it doesn't work when I'm casting and don't notice it but when I DOOOO notice it, it works. In a way, this can be good for you ^_^ Sometimes it doesn't even break when it redirects 5+ spells. Confusion ftw.
skyracer500
Sergeant
Sergeant

by zusukie » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:59 pm

skyracer500 wrote:Even as a nonshaman, I've noticed this.. Infact, it doesn't work when I'm casting and don't notice it but when I DOOOO notice it, it works. In a way, this can be good for you ^_^ Sometimes it doesn't even break when it redirects 5+ spells. Confusion ftw.

yea , did some tests with a friend today. sometimes it absorbs multiple spells in a row , sometimes it doesnt even absorb 1 spell. btw we noticed that if the shaman gets hit by blizzard it uses the grounding totem effect , which is wrong too. its totally broken atm
Zusukie - High Warlord Shaman Class Leader of <Emphasis>

zusukie
Grunt
Grunt

by Theloras » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:04 pm

morgo wrote:So whenever i cast grounding totem the buff that grants you the spell immunity is delayed by 0.5second or so, which is quite alot.
Im pretty sure back in the days it was instant making it obviously more reliable.
Anyone else noticed this?

welcome to my world...

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18265
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by vanillajuice » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Also just a heads up. I don't think grounding absorbs polymorph. I had it out for a solid 2 seconds and it was just standing there next to me while i was a sheep (ES was on cooldown).

Anyone remember if this was intended on live?
vanillajuice
Tester

by varth » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:47 pm

It most definitely stopped sheep on retail, I used to duel my mage rl buddy all the time
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Xom » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 pm

vanillajuice wrote:Also just a heads up. I don't think grounding absorbs polymorph. I had it out for a solid 2 seconds and it was just standing there next to me while i was a sheep (ES was on cooldown).

Anyone remember if this was intended on live?

As a Mage from 1.04 onwards, the Grounding 100% used to absorb polymorph. In fact, I remember that some Mages when I played complained that they used to be able to get rid of them with AoE but that in 1.04 they had patched that to fix it so that the totem had to be wanded or Fire Blasted first before I could attack the Shaman. So many I would fight were experts on when to use Grounding and Earth Shock that if they were on point they could totally lock me down without me being able to get any spells off. Scary~ :twisted:
Xom
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Shaman