PVE - enhancment end game

PVE - enhancment end game

by RedFox » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:16 pm

Just wondering if anyone has any links to some guides to help out with endgame sham dps.. I see a lot of hate on this subject, but i recall in retail (i was a rogue) going bananas over windfury/str of earth totems... I wanna be that guy this time around.
RedFox
Tester

Re: PVE - enhancment end game

by kegboy123 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 am

end game pve is respecing to resto
kegboy123
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by willy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:22 am

Resto may be the most effective spec for hardcore, but smart enhance can be fine if played as a hybrid and utilising buff's.
willy
Tester

by Larsen » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Depends what you mean by "be fine." Technically, if a raid were willing to bring a naked warrior with no talent points, he would be fine. He wouldn't be any good, but it's not like a raid can't succeed with that guy around. It's kind of the same principle with the crap specs like enhacement, balance and retribution. Obviously they're not completely worthless like a naked warrior would be, but they're distinctly worse than the mainstream specs.

When a raid brings one of the weak specs along, they basically accept a weakness. It's a favor to that player, not an asset to the raid. It's always a compromise, never an advantage. Fortunately you don't need perfect raid setups to succeed in vanilla, but players of these specs should never think that their choice is "fine" in the sense that they're as valuable as the common specs, because that's not the case.

There's basically never a situation where an enhancement shaman is the best person for a role.
Last edited by Larsen on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mizu » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:04 pm

A good Enhancement Shammy is better at providing totems to a melee or tank group than a Restosham, with improved WF/GoA/SoE and also being able to more readily drop situational totems right where they need them. However, since Enhancement DPS is generally low unless you bring a lot of consumables, you'll need to really earn your raid slot.

Will a min-maxing top tier world first guild be utilizing them? Prolly not. Most guilds will be struggling to fill 40 raid slots to begin with, so a really competent Enhancer gets to shine.
Mizu
Grunt
Grunt

by Mizu » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:21 pm

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/1281 ... ge__st__40 Read the post by Gauss and ignore literally everything else in the shitty thread.

It's not the be-all end-all way to play Enhancement but it's grounded in reality and applies to optimized raid composition.
Mizu
Grunt
Grunt

by pete4613 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:09 am

Well if you want to be a raider you need Nightfall as an additional buff to the spellcaster.
pete4613
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Shaman