Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: No love for Elemental Shaman?

by showtime » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:09 am

Oyani wrote:
Jurary wrote:ofc not, ele pve is as useless as it gets

Nah... you're just doing it wrong ;)

you cant even dps in aq because of nature resist. and you oom in 30 seconds have fun spaming demoinc ruin and major mana potion to do 300 dps in molten core
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by stimz » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:53 am

Lack of curse of weakness for nature is probably the worst part.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Oyani » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:39 pm

showtime wrote:
Oyani wrote:
Jurary wrote:ofc not, ele pve is as useless as it gets

Nah... you're just doing it wrong ;)

you cant even dps in aq because of nature resist. and you oom in 30 seconds have fun spaming demoinc ruin and major mana potion to do 300 dps in molten core

Kek if you haven't noticed AQ isn't being run yet...
And i'll have you know i top DPS in UBRS with the crappy gear i have... yes i need to drink after every battle but so what got Mages with me, yes i go OOM on bosses sometimes, but luckily i am a shaman and can do decent dps with windfury on my fast ass dagger so yes, i lose some dps when i go OOM but by that time no other class can catch up to me already lol.

This is vanilla bro, OOM is a thing you can't get away from :)

What does enhancement shamans do? Pop WF to let the rogues and warriors take the DPS throne (i do that too as elemental btw) and then just go afk while swinging white hits? No ty... i like to think Shamans have a little more dignity than paladins lol.

Elemental > Enhancement for DPS.
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ceen2 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Yeah sure, WF totem + fast dagger for minimum profit of WF.
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Larsen » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:11 am

Some of the raid content prior to AQ is also resistant or immune to nature damage. This is why balance druids have to use Starfire since it's arcane damage. Elemental shamans have no such solution as virtually all their damage is lightning, i.e. nature. It's simply not a spec you raid raid properly with.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Oyani » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:21 am

ceen2 wrote:Yeah sure, WF totem + fast dagger for minimum profit of WF.

Yep... WF is best used with fast weapons as it will proc more often in a shorter amount of time. For slow weapons you COULD use WF as well as it's a percentage to proc but it will proc much less in the same amount of time, so less DPS.

Larsen wrote:Some of the raid content prior to AQ is also resistant or immune to nature damage. This is why balance druids have to use Starfire since it's arcane damage. Elemental shamans have no such solution as virtually all their damage is lightning, i.e. nature. It's simply not a spec you raid raid properly with.

Which raid content would that be?
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thatoneguy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:35 am

Oyani wrote:
ceen2 wrote:Yeah sure, WF totem + fast dagger for minimum profit of WF.

Yep... WF is best used with fast weapons as it will proc more often in a shorter amount of time. For slow weapons you COULD use WF as well as it's a percentage to proc but it will proc much less in the same amount of time, so less DPS.

Let's compare fast weapon 1 to slow weapon 2. Both are buffed wih Windfury which has a 1/5th chance to give 2 additional attacks.

Weapon 1: 100 dps, 100 damage every 1 second.

second 0: 100 (100)
second 1: 100 (200)
second 2: 100 (300)
second 3: 100 (400)
second 4: 100 100 100 (700)
second 5: 100 (800)
second 6: 100 (900)
second 7: 100 (1000)
second 8: 100 (1100)
second 9: 100 100 100 (1400)
second 10: 100 (1500)

Total damage over 10 seconds: 1500

Weapon 2: 100 dps, 200 damage every 2 seconds.

second 0: 200 (200)
second 1: -
second 2: 200 (400)
second 3: -
second 4: 200 (600)
second 5: -
second 6: 200 (800)
second 7: -
second 8: 200 200 200 (1400)
second 9: -
second 10: 200 (1600)

Total damage over 10 seconds: 1600

For this simplistic example I did not include:
- The bonus ATK that windfury gives. This is important as WF procs more on weapon 1 compared to weapon 2.
- StormStrike. This is important as StormStrike is a large gain for slower weapons.

Second 0 is important because you will swing the moment you start attacking your target. You don't have to wait before you start attacking. In a practical way you can say that the swing timer acts like a cooldown and not a cast time.

StormStrike is not available for Elemental Shamans, sure. But Elemental Shamans don't (always) have the opportunity to swing on every single swing timer. This favors 2H weapons if you're going for pure DPS.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Oyani » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:29 am

Yeah exactly, calculate it with the AP bonus and the dagger will win... also, you didn't take into account that most enemies will have already died before the 2h weapon has procced enough to out-DPS the dagger, say at 9 seconds the mob dies?

Sorry but dagger still wins :)
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thatoneguy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:30 am

Oyani wrote:Yeah exactly, calculate it with the AP bonus and the dagger will win... also, you didn't take into account that most enemies will have already died before the 2h weapon has procced enough to out-DPS the dagger, say at 9 seconds the mob dies?

Sorry but dagger still wins :)

I forgive you. I noticed that Flurry was missing.

Dagger could win but from the way I calculate damage and my experience playing the game I'm noticing / seeing it. If only I wasn't lazy and calculated everything :lol:
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Shaman