Talk to me about vanilla Shamans...

Re: Talk to me about vanilla Shamans...

by venven » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Hatson wrote:That's actually factor of game design that I like about old WoW. It was also present in BC here and there, maybe not as obviously as in Vanilla. Every class has their own use and is special in their own unique ways and everyone brings something different to the table . Even though you can argue which ones are better and ignore some other ones.

As a rogue, I don't bring anything on the table but I do take advantage of other's buffs. I bravely vanish when you all get slaughtered by the big guy - and I spit on your body.

Nice to meet you, WF bot!
Rogue IG & IRL.
venven
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aquane » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:41 pm

Hatson wrote:I pick a Shaman because I love Shamans. Not because they're the best, in fact that couldn't be more from the truth. And I'm pretty sure people in Vanilla / BC play a Hunter because they enjoy playing their Hunter.
If you don't like doing less dps than the other guy, you can always reroll. If dps is all you care about.

you can also reroll if you wanna raid and the GMs of the only raiding guilds won't let more than one shaman(not you) dps
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Envy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:45 pm

venven wrote:
Hatson wrote:That's actually factor of game design that I like about old WoW. It was also present in BC here and there, maybe not as obviously as in Vanilla. Every class has their own use and is special in their own unique ways and everyone brings something different to the table . Even though you can argue which ones are better and ignore some other ones.

As a rogue, I don't bring anything on the table but I do take advantage of other's buffs. I bravely vanish when you all get slaughtered by the big guy - and I spit on your body.

If only you were any good :( but no ! You really don't bring ANYTHING §
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:59 pm

venven wrote:As a rogue, I don't bring anything on the table but I do take advantage of other's buffs. I bravely vanish when you all get slaughtered by the big guy - and I spit on your body.

It's a pleasure. No really, it is. :)
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hatson » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Aquane wrote:you can also reroll if you wanna raid and the GMs of the only raiding guilds won't let more than one shaman(not you) dps

That Shaman is me. So I'm content. - And you can always just spec resto.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Envy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Hatson wrote:
It's a pleasure. No really, it is. :)

To not taunt when he's the focus of any mob/boss, yes, it really is :twisted:
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Envy reads me like a book.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by venven » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Rogue IG & IRL.
venven
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:42 pm

You know, I could heavily modify my fightstick, if I bought new buttons with custom art on it: Feint - Vanish - /spit and have the board picture custom art as Vanish. - Then plug it in to the PC as a secondary controller and I usually keep it next to me on the desk while not playing so it would be in playable reach.
Customizing the buttons to specific hotkeys in-game for the macros is no problem with 3rd party hotkey programs.

If someone knows an artist or someone that works with custom art on them, let me know. They're not easy to find with international business requests.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by fenrirjk2 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:01 am

Aquane wrote:There are two ways to be a good dps in PvE as a shaman and only two

Edit: Aquane, I send you a PM about your Study
Last edited by fenrirjk2 on Sat May 30, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fenrirjk2
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Shaman