new shaman

new shaman

by flowison » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:51 pm

hey folks!
i played an enh shaman back in wotlk as a twink (alt, toon, dont know what you call it)

now i am thinking of rolling an enhancer here and i have some questions:

is an enh good in pvp?
what are big issues? (i guess mana and rng)

are there enh in raids (besides swinging the debuff axe?)

how is the leveling progress? is it lame to level one?

cheers
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: new shaman

by Thatoneguy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Enhancement Shamans are pretty decent. I'd say that they are right there in the middle. Sometimes other classes can reck Enhancement Shamans pretty easily but if you play the class well you can balance most match-ups to around 50/50, with the exception of Hunters. Hunters have too many abilities to get away from an Enhancement Shaman and then start holding the distance while doing damage. Sometimes PvP feels like you're a sitting duck and you require to make use of the terrain in order to gain the advantage.

Enhancement Shamans have serious mana problems. You can't expect to go 3v1, not because a player would lack skill in their class but simply because a Shaman lacks the mana pool to pull off such stunts. Your mana bar is basically your fun bar. Once the bar runs out it's not fun to be a Shaman.

There's also this thing with Shamans lacking CC. Every enemy will be running around doing what they want. But Shamans do have Grounding Totem, Earth Shock, Earthbind Totem and Frost Shock that can be used to mess with your opponents, mostly casters. Playing Shaman as a support is your primary role. You're not a 'lone hero' Rogue who can assisinate and stunlock critical targets. Even in a group you're not endless unstoppable force like a Warrior because your fun bar will run out.

With the exception of; we can but usually won't even bring 1 Shaman with Nightfall, Enhancement Shamans won't see raids. On the flip side Resto Shamans are looked for quite often.

Having that said, Shamans are my favorite class in Vanilla. If you can live with all the problems I would roll one.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Jurary » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:36 am

why would you bring an enh shaman with nightfall to hurt your raid dps. just have an offtank use it.
^Credits to Sheep @ ED
Jurary
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thatoneguy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Jurary wrote:why would you bring an enh shaman with nightfall to hurt your raid dps. just have an offtank use it.

When the offtank is tanking he's not using Nightfall now is he? It stands to reason that Nightfall helps the raid dps and not hurt it.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kullgen » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:03 am

Thatoneguy wrote:Enhancement Shamans are pretty decent. I'd say that they are right there in the middle. Sometimes other classes can reck Enhancement Shamans pretty easily but if you play the class well you can balance most match-ups to around 50/50, with the exception of Hunters. Hunters have too many abilities to get away from an Enhancement Shaman and then start holding the distance while doing damage. Sometimes PvP feels like you're a sitting duck and you require to make use of the terrain in order to gain the advantage.

Enhancement Shamans have serious mana problems. You can't expect to go 3v1, not because a player would lack skill in their class but simply because a Shaman lacks the mana pool to pull off such stunts. Your mana bar is basically your fun bar. Once the bar runs out it's not fun to be a Shaman.

There's also this thing with Shamans lacking CC. Every enemy will be running around doing what they want. But Shamans do have Grounding Totem, Earth Shock, Earthbind Totem and Frost Shock that can be used to mess with your opponents, mostly casters. Playing Shaman as a support is your primary role. You're not a 'lone hero' Rogue who can assisinate and stunlock critical targets. Even in a group you're not endless unstoppable force like a Warrior because your fun bar will run out.

With the exception of; we can but usually won't even bring 1 Shaman with Nightfall, Enhancement Shamans won't see raids. On the flip side Resto Shamans are looked for quite often.

Having that said, Shamans are my favorite class in Vanilla. If you can live with all the problems I would roll one.

And after all you don't mention the WP weapon like its not worthy for the Enhanc shaman, or its not here ?

As PVP - he can solo almost all class if you well player and have brain ...and know what totem you but and when ! , what shock you do and when ! .. and Don't just waste your mana like noob .

And For PVE - Shaman worth the slot in raids as Enhanc and have nice buff for melee with WP + grace of air ( if u but it with rogues grp ) Or WP + Strength of Earth ( for warriors grp and tanks ) , he will buff him like crazy and do buff with nightfall for casters also ( 15% SP ) + his dps even if its not high .. but the buff he do for ppl is worth.

Jurary wrote:why would you bring an enh shaman with nightfall to hurt your raid dps. just have an offtank use it.

and you say OT dps and use nightfall ? stuck with your slot in raids and do your job as OT , and let other do there job , you speak like 25 man raids and that the problem with lots of topics here .. YOU HAVE 40 MAN ! you have a lot of ppl ! and you can but 1 Enhanc at less to buff grp of melee and all casters with 15% SP .

and after all raids in vanilla not hard my friend ... ppl clear MC with less than 50 mins !

looks like a lot of ppl here didn't play vanilla and speak with the early wow vision and like .

-----

go for Enhanc if you love it and you will have slot in raids if you have BiS .. a lot of guilds there with more than 6K player here :)

thank you

Edit : I have a lot of point to correct for ppl here about Enhanc shaman PVP/PVE in vanilla but I plan to do new thread for that and write all things about it .. but need more time to do it soon.
Kullgen
Tester

by flowison » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:06 pm

Kullgen wrote:
Thatoneguy wrote:Enhancement Shamans are pretty decent. I'd say that they are right there in the middle. Sometimes other classes can reck Enhancement Shamans pretty easily but if you play the class well you can balance most match-ups to around 50/50, with the exception of Hunters. Hunters have too many abilities to get away from an Enhancement Shaman and then start holding the distance while doing damage. Sometimes PvP feels like you're a sitting duck and you require to make use of the terrain in order to gain the advantage.

And after all you don't mention the WP weapon like its not worthy for the Enhanc shaman, or its not here ?

As PVP - he can solo almost all class if you well player and have brain ...and know what totem you but and when ! , what shock you do and when ! .. and Don't just waste your mana like noob .

And For PVE - Shaman worth the slot in raids as Enhanc and have nice buff for melee with WP + grace of air ( if u but it with rogues grp ) Or WP + Strength of Earth ( for warriors grp and tanks ) , he will buff him like crazy and do buff with nightfall for casters also ( 15% SP ) + his dps even if its not high .. but the buff he do for ppl is worth.

and you say OT dps and use nightfall ? stuck with your slot in raids and do your job as OT , and let other do there job , you speak like 25 man raids and that the problem with lots of topics here .. YOU HAVE 40 MAN ! you have a lot of ppl ! and you can but 1 Enhanc at less to buff grp of melee and all casters with 15% SP .

and after all raids in vanilla not hard my friend ... ppl clear MC with less than 50 mins !

looks like a lot of ppl here didn't play vanilla and speak with the early wow vision and like .

-----

go for Enhanc if you love it and you will have slot in raids if you have BiS .. a lot of guilds there with more than 6K player here :)

thank you

Edit : I have a lot of point to correct for ppl here about Enhanc shaman PVP/PVE in vanilla but I plan to do new thread for that and write all things about it .. but need more time to do it soon.

whats your ingame name?
can i add u? i have some questions =)
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thatoneguy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:45 am

Kullgen wrote:go for Enhanc if you love it and you will have slot in raids if you have BiS .. a lot of guilds there with more than 6K player here :) .

You're promosing OP that he WILL without fail get a raid spot as 'Enhanc' if he has BiS. That is not true.

Don't get me wrong, yes it's possible to be an Enhancement Shaman in a raid, but it will require a lot more than simply having BiS.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kullgen » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:49 pm

flowison wrote:
whats your ingame name?
can i add u? i have some questions =)

Sure and I`m at your service ! same my name here : Kullgen

Thatoneguy wrote:
Kullgen wrote:go for Enhanc if you love it and you will have slot in raids if you have BiS .. a lot of guilds there with more than 6K player here :) .

You're promosing OP that he WILL without fail get a raid spot as 'Enhanc' if he has BiS. That is not true.

Don't get me wrong, yes it's possible to be an Enhancement Shaman in a raid, but it will require a lot more than simply having BiS.

I don't promise him but I make things clear here ... no one can promise you a slot in any guild even if you not just an Enhanc shaman .. its about what that guild need .
Kullgen
Tester

by flowison » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:04 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:

its all good. i know that it will be nearly impossible, but i can live with that.
i am focusing on pvp and just wants to rock there.

should i go all for WF crits (stack AP) and be RNG but 1 hitter, or should i go for mana/stam - survivability?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Eukal » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:20 pm

flowison wrote: or should i go for mana/stam - survivability?

This.

A bigger manapool and better survivability definitely makes more fun in the long term.
Eukal
Private
Private

Next

Return to Shaman