Leveling advice

Leveling advice

by qweefer09 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:30 pm

Hey guys I'm currently lvl 40 and I've leveled as enh so far. I'm running in to a problem where I'm not getting WF profs often and Im taking a lot of damage. Would the community suggest rocking a shield and 1h instead of a 2h. If I went 1h shield what would I use on my wep? flame tongue or fw or rockbiter. Or is it better to roll elemental. I plan on playing Resto at 60 as well so would it be better to play ele to gear and get ready for 60 ?

Any advice would help greatly!
qweefer09
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Leveling advice

by Jurary » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:57 pm

Ele starts to become really bad at that level. You will want to stay enh. Look around for 40-45 weapons, in that range there are actually loads of crazy good enh weapons to find. (Uldaman Rockpounder, Kang, Executioner's Cleaver, Ravager). Don't use shocks unless mobs have high armor and it will be a smooth grind to 60.

And a mistake that many shamans make is that they think agi is any good for enh. It's not, you want strength/ap/crit/int. Agi only gives you 2 armor/0.05% crit per point. Stack those and you wll see your dmg go up.
^Credits to Sheep @ ED
Jurary
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by qweefer09 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:18 pm

awesome! Thanks for taking the time to reply!
qweefer09
Grunt
Grunt

by Jurary » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:28 pm

sure man, if you have any questions hit me up ingame
^Credits to Sheep @ ED
Jurary
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Oldlemon » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:43 am

I would highly recommend speccing into shield and going with a fast weapon 1.3 speed dagger being the best. Optimal dps would be to use flametongue but I leveled with windfury because it's a lot cooler. Faster weapon + flurry = hella windfury procs
Oldlemon
Private
Private

by flowison » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Oldlemon wrote:I would highly recommend speccing into shield and going with a fast weapon 1.3 speed dagger being the best. Optimal dps would be to use flametongue but I leveled with windfury because it's a lot cooler. Faster weapon + flurry = hella windfury procs

can u post leveling build?
should i use 1h+shield from 1-60?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Slimybone » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:08 am

I got Ribsplitter and Aegis of Stormwind cheap from AH at 49 and started to prefer it over Rockpounder.
You want a slow weapon so Ribsplitter is great at 2.70 speed.
Some guy recommended going fast wep but thats bonkers any way you look at it.
Stormstrike for instance is not normalized, meaning a slow wep will do lots more damage.

Rockbiter seems to beat windfury dps-wise with sword&board at that level and allows you to tank in party situations which can be really nice.
Around that level is also a good point to start looking for more +int on gear. Mana becomes more imporant when mobs can't die in a lucky wf crit.
The way I grind with sword and shield is I try to find a spot where I can pull a couple of mobs or more and get stoneskin, and mana spring down, pull and flameshock, searing totem, stormstrike and stuff, keeping flameshock up and thats it.. Keep pulling and repeat. Sometimes if I get impatient I Earth Shock with Storm Strike debuff.
Boring stuff but that is what I found most effective. Lets you kill 3+ mobs on a mana bar while keeping flame shock up etc..

Windfury 2h is only really good for grinding if you can kill stuff fast enough to take little damage. That becomes radically harder at 50+ even in perfect gear.
Slimybone
Private
Private

by Oyani » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:48 am

Jurary wrote:Ele starts to become really bad at that level.

Lol Ele bad....

I leveled elemental all the way. Get a one hander, a shield and use rockbiter (WF only in dungeons). Most mobs will be dead before they reach you, if you're doing it right. If not they will easily be below 20% letting you auto hit them down pretty quickly.

But if you're enh then you'll most likely need to switch out all your gear to get decent at ele.
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Killstick » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:08 am

Oyani wrote:
Jurary wrote:Ele starts to become really bad at that level.

Lol Ele bad....

I leveled elemental all the way. Get a one hander, a shield and use rockbiter (WF only in dungeons). Most mobs will be dead before they reach you, if you're doing it right. If not they will easily be below 20% letting you auto hit them down pretty quickly.

But if you're enh then you'll most likely need to switch out all your gear to get decent at ele.

I think he is mostly refering to mana issues. Ofc you could kills mobs before they touch you with grounding shocks etc.
Leveling is not about how fast you can kill 1 mob but more like how fast you can kill 20. For that you need to take manabreaks into the calculation.

Also when leveling enhance i don't see the problem of going with a fast 2H before you get SS. If you level with windfury on a slow 2H, when it does proc it will often just be overkill which isn't useful at all while leveling.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Shaman