The Bloodskull School of Enhancement

Re: The Bloodskull School of Enhancement

by Thatoneguy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:12 pm

DanielGames wrote:what about battlegrounds and big team fights?

Why not 5/5 Flurry and 2/3 imp. LS?

Both questions are answered in the first paragrah.

Nothhelm wrote:Keep in mind, my style of Enhancement is designed around 1v1.

Simply said, Concussion and Imp. LS are better in 1v1 situations.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DanielGames » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:23 pm

oh my bad. I basically did a word search on "flurry" and "convection" and got nothing which is why I asked :) Thanks.
Zouleika - Troll Warrior "Requests curse of reck and tanks with a 2hander? I like this guy"
Gerwulf - Horde Paladin "Where the fuck you been?"
DanielGames
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Nothhelm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:14 am

I would need to look into how much spellhit you need to have 100% chance of hitting spells vs 0 NR targets. Would be tempting to go to 100%.

I've been told repeatedly that there's always a 1% chance you'll see a resist on someone your level, no matter what you do.

Why not 5/5 Flurry and 2/3 imp. LS?

I get about 14 extra damage out of Lightning Shield per proc by putting that talent point into improved Lightning Shield. Lightning Shield procs maybe 3-8 times in a normal fight, so that's roughly 40-100 extra damage per fight from the investment. I can boost the damage with various trinkets, too.

If I instead invested that point into flurry, that's a 5% attack speed boost for 14 seconds for the next 3 swings after a melee crit. The chance of this single talent in flurry actually resulting in an extra hit that I otherwise would not have landed is rather low, especially with my tiny 19% melee crit chance. In the case I do land an extra hit, I'd probably get around 300-500 damage from the investment.

I don't know how one would go about finding out which is actually better, so I picked the weak-but-dependable investment. I don't think it really matters though, either way the investment is hardly detectable.
Nothhelm
Tester

by Killstick » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:43 am

Nothhelm wrote:I've been told repeatedly that there's always a 1% chance you'll see a resist on someone your level, no matter what you do.

Players many levels below their target will always have at least a 1% chance of landing a spell.

So for 60 vs 60 pvp you can reach 100% spell hit.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nothhelm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:52 am

So for 60 vs 60 pvp you can reach 100% spell hit.

I think you misread the second quote. It's saying "if you're level 1 and your target is level 60, you'll have at least a 1% chance to hit". Meanwhile, if you're level 60 and your target is level 60, even if you have a billion spellhit there will always be a 1% chance they'll resist you.

So basically it's impossible to fall below 1% chance to land a spell, and impossible to rise above 99% (ignoring immunity).
Nothhelm
Tester

by Killstick » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:06 am

Indeed i misread still from wowwiki you get this

Chance to hit can be increased by talents or gear up to 100%

Level Difference PvE PvP
- 4 100% 100%
- 3 99% 99%
- 2 98% 98%
- 1 97% 97%
0 96% 96%
+ 1 95% 95%
+ 2 94% 94%
+ 3 83% 87%
+ 4 72% 80%
+ 5 61% 73%

So combining those 2; 96% hit at zero level difference you can get to 100% hit.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060529065 ... p=1#post37 doesn't make any mention of the 1 % you talked about. also 100% hit removes the chance of partial resists but since little players have NR that doesn't matter alot.

Also, why arn't you leveling here?
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nothhelm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Indeed i misread still from wowwiki you get this

It's always best to read an old version of the article in question for the most accurate vanilla information. The oldest article on spellhit is from 2007 and says:

"You can never get 100% chance to hit since +hit is capped on 99%. Therefore there will always be atleast 1% chance the enemy will resist your spell."

Also, why arn't you leveling here?

I've gotten somewhat tired of vanilla and don't want to put in the effort to get back to where I already am, just to have the same experience I already had.
Nothhelm
Tester

Previous

Return to Shaman