Elemental Shaman PvP

Elemental Shaman PvP

by Wolfrig » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:04 pm

So I've been thinking about rolling a shaman on Nost PvE. I know that there are no (or very little) DPS shamans in raids, and that they must be resto, and I'm fine with that. In PvP, I would like to play an elemental shaman, so I'm was just wondering how good ele shamans are in PvP situations? Also, could I collect elemental gear while raiding as resto?

P.S. Which of the 3 races are the best for shaman, in your opinion? Both PvP and PvE - wise.
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Elemental Shaman PvP

by Mulen » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:50 pm

orc for enhancement

troll is medicore

tauren is good for elemental since they have their stomp that allows them to do an extra heal / interupt
Mulen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Jurary » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:12 pm

tauren is bis for any shaman spec in pvp
^Credits to Sheep @ ED
Jurary
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wolfrig » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:59 pm

And what about Elemental Shaman doing PvP in general? I know they are very vulnerable to silence and being unable to cast in one school of magic (Nature). If for example a mage hits you with counterspell while casting lightining bolt or chain lightning, or while healing, you are locked out of your both cast spells, all heals AND earth shock.

Is there some other weak spot elemental shamans have?
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vathdaar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:25 am

orc is master race for elemental shaman, the stun resist will always be bis for mostly every combination. On the other hand tauren stomp is good also as said above since the stun can give you an extra heal /cast at certain situations, but as a shaman in bgs (Team fights) you wish to not be focused and being a tauren will make you highly probable to be focused due to being a bigger target.

In short. if you want to play elemental pvp the master race is orc.
<GOD>
Lord of the <Local Ungoro Mafia>
Curator <NOPE>
vathdaar
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zusukie » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:36 am

troll for pve
orc for pvp

You can collect ele gear while raiding (t2 & t2,5) just offpieces like belts rings etc will be hard to get because mages/warlocks will most likely have prio over you.
And yes , getting csed / spellocked is the biggest weakspot of the ele shaman together with curse of tongues and being cced in general. try to avoid being csed at all cost.
Your main tasks in pvp will be setting totems , assisting the warriors with their kill targets (purging & finishing the kill) and cleansing poisons. You can also peel with frostshock & earthbind , as well as offheal from time to time.
Zusukie - High Warlord Shaman Class Leader of <Emphasis>

zusukie
Grunt
Grunt

by Killstick » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:23 am

Wolfrig wrote:And what about Elemental Shaman doing PvP in general? I know they are very vulnerable to silence and being unable to cast in one school of magic (Nature). If for example a mage hits you with counterspell while casting lightining bolt or chain lightning, or while healing, you are locked out of your both cast spells, all heals AND earth shock.

Is there some other weak spot elemental shamans have?

Baiting the CS with fake heals, grounding totem just before you cast heal can help. Locks can get CSed in a shadow bolt or fear, mages during a frostbolt, priest and palas during heals. If you take grounding totem into the calculation i don't think we are behind anyone here except druid and melee classes.

In PvP as ele you play the roll of an agressive support. Ofc you have direct heals but you are also preventing alot of damage with ES, grounding, kite, curing poison, putting up resistance totem vs frostmage, tremor. Purge is very good in pvp. Chain heal also makes shaman good group healers in bigger fights. And ofc elemental has nice burst. Shock + CL + instant LB + Shock will deal some nice burst.

Alot of what you do goes unnoticed where people see a priest buffing and healing in BG and are amazed they will often not realize they just got saved by you grounding, tremor, etc....

If you get focused in PvP you can still just focus on staying alive. Someone will always come to peel for an HK.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aethelwulf » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:20 pm

Tauren is best race for PvP, hands down.

It's like a racial Nature's Swiftness. For an Ele shaman, you can Stomp+LHW, Stomp+CL, Stomp+LB, and they can't do shit. It gives you guaranteed casts which can give you heals or burst on demand. For a non-Elemental Shaman it still allows you to stomp+LHW which works wonders for survival in an interrupt-prone situation.

You also get +5% health.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mistral » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:50 pm

If you are a tryhard Tauren or Orc.
If you want to look the cutest, Troll Female.

Ps: Natures Swiftness is most of the time better then then Elemental Mastery. Even for just damage.
Mistral
Grunt
Grunt

by sgtnanners » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:28 am

orc stun racial is REALLY BROKEN. REALLY REALLY OP. Tauren is very good for elemental combos.
sgtnanners
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Shaman