Elemental Shaman PvP

Re: Elemental Shaman PvP

by Aethelwulf » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:40 pm

Having a racial stun on demand that doesn't even GCD > Random chance of dodging stuns.

As a Shaman, you can already break out of 1 stun with the PvP trinket anyway. And if that's not enough you can carry a Living Action Potion and use it to break a second stun. You don't need to lean on a 25% random chance of resisting stuns.

Even against Rogues as Enh, being able to Stomp+LHW without any worries about getting kicked/stunned/etc out of your cast is very valuable. For an elemental shaman it's as if you got to NS more burst.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Killstick » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:10 am

Depending on your playstyle you could go for orc. If you are going to play it as a pure dps and only heal yourself Tauren and maybe troll (they ar fixing racial it seems). Are you best bets.
If you are planning on healing alot, orc could help by negating the stuns.

Also what spec would you guys go for elemental PvP? 30/0/21 seems obvious but i find it harder to find a build that i don't have doubts about than i would going ENH

I'm leaning towards for a BG build

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zEzMqZZVbIx0bo

Resto:
- First 5 points to mana since you will mostly be casting LHW. HW mostly with NS on.
- I take improve reincarnation because it makes it actually useful in pvp. Ancestral healing is nice but mostly a PvE talent.
- 3% + Hit because you don't have to get any hit gear if you get this. (As pointed out in other topic, the improved totem range here is of little use)
- Healing focus (and Eye of the storm in ELE); I didn't go full into Eye of the storm because when you go 30/0/21 you got the option of taking both. When you go enhancement you have to choose. I think as ELE/RESTO you won't be LB/CL while being hit but will be relying on shocks or trying to make distance. Howover you could be trying to heal while being hit and i find it risky to wait for a crit or /sit to take a crit while you are already low HP. Also the points you would take out here would only go into + % crit. Where the points from eye of the storm go to more useful talents.
- Rest of the points into cirt
- NS

Ele:

- Concussion and convection.
- Elemental Focus 1 point for -10% mana
- Reverberation also no brainer; Call of thunder needed to take Lightning Mastery
- Elemental Fury
- Storm Reach

1 point left i put that into Eye of the storm.

I would consider taking 2 points out of Storm Reach and go 3/3 Eye of the storm.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Killstick » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:46 am

What shield are you guys using for elemental btw?
Since D2 isn't introduced we can't get the spelldmg shield from Lord Val.

Do either Force Reactive Disk or Skullflame Shield currently scale with spelldamage?
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thatoneguy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:01 pm

Killstick wrote:http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zEzMqZZVbIx0bo

This is the build that I'm going to try out: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zAcMqZZVbe00xo

It's nearly identical. But I value Eye of the Storm very highly and reduced mana cost for totems very highly.

The Focused Casting effect keeps active for the full duration no matter how many spells you can fit in. I also want to be able to force it from auto attacks and having a 33% or 66% just isn't high enough for consistency's sake. Reverbation is good but Elemental Focus and Call of Thunder just shouldn't be cut. Besides, it's unlikely that you're casting a shock every 5 seconds. Most of the time a 5 sec CD 20 yard shock doesn't line up with the constant purging, use of totems and LB /CL rotation.

I don't value Healing Focus that much for group battles. I would consider taking it if I was going for a duel or solo/world PvP spec, but in a BG spec with group oriented play? No way. It just isn't
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Jurary » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:

This is the build that I'm going to try out: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zAcMqZZVbe00xo

It's nearly identical. But I value Eye of the Storm very highly and reduced mana cost for totems very highly.

The Focused Casting effect keeps active for the full duration no matter how many spells you can fit in. I also want to be able to force it from auto attacks and having a 33% or 66% just isn't high enough for consistency's sake. Reverbation is good but Elemental Focus and Call of Thunder just shouldn't be cut. Besides, it's unlikely that you're casting a shock every 5 seconds. Most of the time a 5 sec CD 20 yard shock doesn't line up with the constant purging, use of totems and LB /CL rotation.

I don't value Healing Focus that much for group battles. I would consider taking it if I was going for a duel or solo/world PvP spec, but in a BG spec with group oriented play? No way. It just isn't

If I were you i'd take out another 2 points from reverbation and put them into reduced fire nova totem detonation timer. Having that at 2 seconds will almost always have it do it's damage before getting killed, and if you're a tauren you can fire nova > warstomp > cl > shock for insane burst dmg on melee. Too many shamans underestimate fire nova, I just had it crit 1k dmg one game ago.

Also i'd take out both pts from improved reincarnation and put them into totem range/ancestral fortitude. 20 yards on totems is ridiculously low, try 40 yards on for size with the talent + 3/8 t1. maybe you dont feel like u need it yourself, but warriors will love those 40 yards windfury totems.
^Credits to Sheep @ ED
Jurary
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thatoneguy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Jurary wrote:
Thatoneguy wrote:

If I were you i'd take out another 2 points from reverbation and put them into reduced fire nova totem detonation timer. Having that at 2 seconds will almost always have it do it's damage before getting killed, and if you're a tauren you can fire nova > warstomp > cl > shock for insane burst dmg on melee. Too many shamans underestimate fire nova, I just had it crit 1k dmg one game ago.

Also i'd take out both pts from improved reincarnation and put them into totem range/ancestral fortitude. 20 yards on totems is ridiculously low, try 40 yards on for size with the talent + 3/8 t1. maybe you dont feel like u need it yourself, but warriors will love those 40 yards windfury totems.

I'll mess around with Fire Nova Totem, I haven't looked at it much.

Does the 40 yard work on this server? I don't ahve a 3/8 t1 set so I'm not able to test if the talent and tier bonus stack.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Jurary » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:02 pm

it does, just checked the tooltips
^Credits to Sheep @ ED
Jurary
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thatoneguy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:11 pm

Jurary wrote:it does, just checked the tooltips

I like to believe it does, but you know. Sometimes things don't work as intended :)
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Jurary » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:

I like to believe it does, but you know. Sometimes things don't work as intended :)

well we tested it outside org and it works
^Credits to Sheep @ ED
Jurary
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thatoneguy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Jurary wrote:
Thatoneguy wrote:

well we tested it outside org and it works

Thanks.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Shaman