Shaman Casting Lightning Bolt between auto attacks

Shaman Casting Lightning Bolt between auto attacks

by GTrax » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:06 pm

So it looks like all offensive spells that have casting time can be casted without pushing back melee swings when done correctly. For Example if your attack speed is 3,00 seconds and Lightning Bolt cast time 2 sec, you can basically start casting Lightning Bolt when there is less than 2,00 sec left to your next auto attack making you cast the spell successfully and also auto attack without getting any penalty on attack speed. If your attack speed is 2 sec and cast speed 2 sec you can basically cast and melee all at the same time while spamming lightning bolt/chain lightning after you see the white dmg go off.

This can be super advantageous to both Ench Shamans and Ele Shamans alike. Even Balance druids(Omen of Clarity ftw) and all other tryhard casters (swing that staff between frost bolts mages ? :D). Has anyone tried or tested this kind of play style as a shaman in high level dungeons and raids? If not, I would love to see some enthusiast testers out there that can contribute to this thread, at the moment I have a shaman alt lvl 14 and I cant really test it myself as far as lvl 60 raids/dungeons go.
Uta Shadowbreaker is my name. Break them shadows them Spriests and Locks.
Uta- 21/0/30 Paladin. #ForeverRet
GTrax
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Shaman Casting Lightning Bolt between auto attacks

by Oyani » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:01 am

Yeah, that's how you do it. Ele shams are melee casters in PvE. Stand in melee range and spam lightning bolt = max dps. If you got a fast weapon like a dagger with faster speed than the casting time of lightning bolt you can even get in 2 hits in between lightning bolt casts. And top that off with windfury hits as well you can get up to 6 melee hits in between every lightning bolt.
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Shaman Casting Lightning Bolt between auto attacks

by Killstick » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:10 am

Oyani wrote:Yeah, that's how you do it. Ele shams are melee casters in PvE. Stand in melee range and spam lightning bolt = max dps. If you got a fast weapon like a dagger with faster speed than the casting time of lightning bolt you can even get in 2 hits in between lightning bolt casts. And top that off with windfury hits as well you can get up to 6 melee hits in between every lightning bolt.

Wouldn't flametongue be better in this case?
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Shaman