Ironfoe and teh Shaman

Ironfoe and teh Shaman

by deadward » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Hey so I know if a rogue or a warrior were in the group it would be borderline evil to roll on ironfoe as a shaman, BUT. Say neither one of those classes are in my BRD group...

Is Ironfoe decent for shaman? I realize you don't get big 2 handed windfuries, but you do get a shield plastered on, and then just have insane double attacks with Ironfoe, HoJ, and windfury.

I realize that windfury hits probably don't proc ironfoe or hoj, but do hoj and ironfoe proc windfury?

Would it be insane to be hoping for this thing as I'm running BRD (with no rogues and warriors ;) )

Seems like it would be pretty nice, but maybe none of the procs work together and therefore it's just like having a normal one hander that occassionally hits multiple times. Or maybe it even robs you of windfuries?

Can ironfoe and windfury proc at the same time?

Anyone know?
deadward
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Ironfoe and teh Shaman

by Theloras » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:39 pm

deadward wrote:Hey so I know if a rogue or a warrior were in the group it would be borderline evil to roll on ironfoe as a shaman, BUT. Say neither one of those classes are in my BRD group...

Is Ironfoe decent for shaman? I realize you don't get big 2 handed windfuries, but you do get a shield plastered on, and then just have insane double attacks with Ironfoe, HoJ, and windfury.

I realize that windfury hits probably don't proc ironfoe or hoj, but do hoj and ironfoe proc windfury?

Would it be insane to be hoping for this thing as I'm running BRD (with no rogues and warriors ;) )

Seems like it would be pretty nice, but maybe none of the procs work together and therefore it's just like having a normal one hander that occassionally hits multiple times. Or maybe it even robs you of windfuries?

Can ironfoe and windfury proc at the same time?

Anyone know?

I've never played a Shaman but Ironfoe is one of the best 1hand spell dmg Seal of Righteousness weapons for Paladins.

Ironfoe can proc off of yellow and white attacks so I imagine it should work for you and Windfury.

Keep in mind that the procs aren't all at once - if you get a wind fury proc and Ironfoe off of it, the Ironfoe proc will be attached to your next two auto-attacks.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by vido » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Ironfoe is bugged, it's bad. Using it on a shaman would be borderline retarded.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heldunder » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:05 pm

vido wrote:Ironfoe is bugged, it's bad. Using it on a shaman would be borderline retarded.

works fine on me... not AS GOOD as it should, but still better than any other preraid weapon.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aethelwulf » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:01 pm

Windfury cannot proc Ironfoe and Ironfoe cannot proc Windfury. I think HoJ can proc off of both and proc both. Typically Flametongue and Rockbiter Weapon are more appealing choices for Ironfoe. (If you use Rockbiter, you will probably steal aggro though.) However, if you have enough Enhance for Flurry, you might want to use Windfury just to increase your odds of critting and keeping up flurries. Additionally Ironfoe+WF gives you an abnormally high chance of triggering proc weapon enchantments.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by deadward » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Never thought about the proc'ing thing. Aren't there some proc's that benefit from spellpower?
deadward
Sergeant
Sergeant

by deadward » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Heldunder wrote:
vido wrote:Ironfoe is bugged, it's bad. Using it on a shaman would be borderline retarded.

works fine on me... not AS GOOD as it should, but still better than any other preraid weapon.

So it works fine, but not as good as it should? What's bugged about it?
deadward
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ravnur » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:05 pm

deadward wrote:
Heldunder wrote:

So it works fine, but not as good as it should? What's bugged about it?

Would be interested in knowing this too. Some people mentioned the procrate?
Ravnur
Tester

by Aethelwulf » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:13 pm

deadward wrote:Never thought about the proc'ing thing. Aren't there some proc's that benefit from spellpower?

Presently Storm Gauntlets scales with spell power, as does Blazefury Medallion, along with a few other items of that nature (Fiery Retributer, Fiery Plate Gauntlets, etc.). However, I'm fairly certain that's not blizzlike behavior and I submitted a request to the bugtracker to remove the scaling (together with evidence of items not scaling). So just forewarning you that this probably shouldn't work in the future.

Other than that, I'm fairly certain the Shadow Oil and Frost Oil spell procs scale with spell damage but those take up the temporary weapon buff.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Undertanker » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:29 pm

^^^ I assume in my opinion and no data from 2005 to prove otherwise, so I create a bug tracker because it is not to my liking.

Thanks dude, glad we can take time away from confirmed real bugs to sort out your preferences and lack of BLIZZARD evidence if not scaling.

SMH
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Shaman