Elemental PvP BiS

Elemental PvP BiS

by deadward » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:46 am

Has anyone found a nice elemental pvp BiS list?

I might make one eventually but I wanted to check first.
Would be cool to have a pre raid, and a post raid version.

It seems like we have a lot of random pieces we have to pick up ranging from cloth, leather , and mail so it's not the easiest list to make.

It seems like crit, some spell hit, spell damage, int, and stam are the rough and generalized stat priority orders. It also seems like some of the epics we have available in T1 and T2 are terrible, while some of them are pretty good.

Earthfury bracers, deep earth spaulders, ten storms helmet, chest, legs, boots mana igniting cord, are some things off the top of my head I can think of.
deadward
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Elemental PvP BiS

by Jurary » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:42 am

Depends on what you are looking for.

A glass cannon build wearing cloth/leather pieces.

A more balanced full mail/hp type of build that can hold it's own outside of turreting lightning from a group.

Also, T2 will get better with the stat changes, for elemental.
^Credits to Sheep @ ED
Jurary
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Killstick » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:04 am

5/8 T2 and fill in the blanks

WSG cloth bracers + WSG ring
BRD princess Q ring
Darkmoon neck

Basicly the same as you would use as another caster XD
Some items from the PvP set are geared towards ele. For example the R6 gloves.

I'm not big on nature dmg items as it gimps other dps and healing. Except shield since we dont have a pure spelldmg option untill D2 quests.

Shield; no idea how skullflame and force reactive currently scale with spelldmg elsewise those would be options; nature wrath shield but hard to find.

Some of the above might change if you have acces to raid items.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by deadward » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:38 pm

I plan on saving gold to buy raid items. What stat change is coming up for T2 items?
deadward
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Killstick » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:58 am

Anyone have any further ideas for the weapons slots?

I'm currently in the market for both; can't get lok'amir or claw of chromaggus.
AB dagger is best alternative but ofc requires a big grind. Dagger of Azuregos doesn't have very good stats atm i've been told. Also again its a dagger so alot of competition.
Until i get acces to any of the above ive been leaning towards Jindo's with spelldmg enchant on it + Dragonscale protector. Because of the crit it has. I want to avoid useless PvP stats.
What do you guys think about Jindo vs dagger from ZG vs Aurorastone vs Dagger from MC vs Hand of Edward

I would want to stick with a shield because dropping 3k armor in PvP just seems silly.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by zusukie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:53 am

I made a quick list , not perfect but i hope it helps

/e : open link to see full screenshot : https://i.imgur.com/P2bjYPo.png
Zusukie - High Warlord Shaman Class Leader of <Emphasis>

zusukie
Grunt
Grunt

by catburglar » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:40 pm

thanks for the awesome list
catburglar
Private
Private

by ShaqPack » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:57 pm

As an ele sham even with BiS gear it's not hard to go OOM fast, chain lightning is lethal damage but it's very costly, when you can, it's better to just hard cast regular lightning bolts, but when you need burst, bust out that CL with shocks and the fire nova totems. Just be prepared to either die quickly in BG's after going OOM or spending a long time drinking lol.

That being said I had a problem with some of the recommendations on the list as well as 5/8 tier 2, theoretically tier 2 sounds good but there's no combination that comes close to beating mixing and matching off pieces. Shaman's really shine because they get more from their spell power then the other caster classes, so any items that have pure spell power will benefit you greatly - tier 2 has a few pieces like this, but not all 5 pieces.

That being said you also want to consider mixing in a few cloth pieces, not much as obviously you want to use mail armor when possible. That being said the betrayer's boots and hexxer's cover in ZG are two really good examples where the drop in armor is worth the extra spell power, and both items are pretty easy to get compared to raid gear. Beyond that, for a weapon you may have a tough time if you aren't doing BWL, but you can get a spell power mace that's almost as good as the claw of chromagus next patch, so if you aren't doing BWL, you may want to start grinding Cenarion rep now. Also, it's unrealistic to expect a mana igniting coord for an ele shammy, much like the rest of the list posted. That being said, you also want spell power rings, they are much better than rings with crit and no spell power.

Also with shields, you only need them against melee, so you'll still want to get your AV off hand as there will be many instances in which you won't be in melee range and that extra 33sp is A LOT.

Really your gear just depends on how much you raid and what you raid. If you do BWL then you will have an easier time, pretty much most ele shams usually heal for raids and then pick up off pieces a long the way. If you aren't raiding, you will at least want to get into ZG's, as you can almost get a full BIS here without doing anything higher. In particular, the 5 piece set bonus is extremely strong in places like AV and AB for those long range lightning bolts where the enemy can't hit you back, you don't want to use the full set *all* the time but in the instances where you don't have to worry about melee, it's incredibly strong.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ShaqPack » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:05 pm

One more thing, capping your hit so you don't need the Nature's Guidance talent points, going for Healing focus instead (for less push back on healing spells) is highly recommended. That being said it's very difficult to actually get +spell hit as a shammy, really your best option is the ZG rings (you can get +3 spell hit from the set). It's one of the few situations where not getting the highest spell power item makes sense.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Shaman