Best way to lvl a shaman?

Best way to lvl a shaman?

by Wolfrig » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:05 am

I would like to keep this short and simple. I'm rolling a shaman and would like to know what talent tree/weapon type is the best for lvling shamans. I'm guessing restoration is out of the picture so that leaves caster (elemental) and physical (enh). Which of these two is better for lvling when taking everything into account (time to kill, downtime and all that).

Also, I would like to know a bit about race choices when considering PvP? Is it the Tauren with 5% extra hp and a stun, Orc with stun resist or Troll with zerking?

Hope to hear from some of the experienced shamans out there :)
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Best way to lvl a shaman?

by Rafale » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:53 am

many people like orcs cause of stun resist but imo war stomp is mandatory, it saved my life so many times
Rafale
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Acousticferret » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:31 pm

enhance can be very...boring. And now we dont even have the windfury animation to spice up the auto attack grinding. Ele is my fav but being oom after every pull is also a pain, but hey...vanilla
Acousticferret
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thatoneguy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:09 pm

You can't go wrong with either Tauren or Orc.

Tauren with +5% HP and especiallly Warstomp is very good to have. As an Orc I sometimes wish I had Warstomp but for the life of me I wouldn't want to play with that huge model.

Orc is more RNG in that regard but since every alliance class has a stun at their disposel you're bound to resist a lot. You can trust me on this one, resisting a Paladin's HoJ and not be stunned for 6 seconds is a life saver. Even if it only happens 25% of the time you just know you have a nerd raging at the other end of the screen :lol:

Bloodfury is out of the picture as you gain a minimal boost for 15 seconds but you put a negative 50% healing on yourself for 25 seconds. If you need emergency healing in those 25 seconds you're dead. The +5 in axe is cool though, can't ever go wrong with such a racial.

Trolls... well they just don't have what the others do. +casting speed is the best in PvE but outright garbage compared to resisting stuns or stunning another opponent in PvP.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by varth » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:20 pm

Tauren all the way, war stomp + LHW is incredibly clutch, and earthshock into war stomp into earthshock absolutely wrecks casters. Add in 5% hp which is always good and you have yourselves a winner

Orc stun resist is good don't get me wrong, and the +axe is good for nightfall enh shamans, but compared to an on demand 2 second aoe stun it just doesn't compare
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Shaman