shaman ele levelling?

shaman ele levelling?

by dngrs » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Im thinking to roll a shaman but I dont really like enh so Id use ele with maybe some points in resto for levelling ( plan to do dungeons too).

Is it viable? too hard? and how useful is leatherworking for a resto shaman? would grinding for it be a pain?

how viable is ele in endgame raiding?
Shtefan - undead warlock - 60
dngrs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: shaman ele levelling?

by Thatoneguy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Ele has no talents for healing and at lower level is more garbage at it than an enhancement Shaman. But you do have the gear for healing and that makes up for everything. While leveling you can heal in any spec, that's not a problem.

As for leveling as Ele, it's slower but doable. Expect about half of your damage to come from auto attacks. Going Ele-Enh is a good leveling build.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by dngrs » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:06 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:Ele has no talents for healing

One could put at least 5 points in resto to cast faster and yes elemental spec means intel items meaning we could still heal well which is a great perk for dungeons

Thatoneguy wrote:Going Ele-Enh is a good leveling build.

a hybrid build with intel gear sounds fun to me. Is there a guide or build? would like to know the order of points and I guess intel, stamina, spirit, strength gear would be best?
Shtefan - undead warlock - 60
dngrs
Sergeant
Sergeant

by mozibake » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm leveling a similar build to what you're talking about. My first 7 points went into Enhancement for extra mana and faster ghostwolf cast, then the next 5 went into reducing Healing Wave cast time. Next I started filling out Elemental until I reach Eye of the Storm, and finally plan to go back down Resto until Nature's swiftness. In the end for PvP resto I'm thinking of filling it out something like this: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zVcZx0bZEc0d0eo

My thought is of a highly mobile offensive/defensive hybrid caster. As a Tauren with Eye of the Storm talented I could get 8 seconds of uninterrupted casting in a crowd by pressing 'x' and using war stomp, very dangerous indeed.
you think it be like it is but it's don't
-jack brack
mozibake
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:12 am

If you don't want to be Enhancement... and you don't want to be Restoration... why even roll a Shaman? Roll a Mage? Elemental is a joke in Classic, and even after Classic, it's a weak tree to level with. You will blow all your mana on the first mob then soon wish you could summon water.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mozibake » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:32 am

Because no matter what spec you play, leveling a shaman is basically just shocking and auto-attacking, and it's nice to be able to heal instances without carrying an extra set of gear.

Also: elemental is amazing, u r high my man. I think you are seriously underestimating the perks of being a caster dps that can also heal and go toe to toe with 2-3 mobs in melee and win.
you think it be like it is but it's don't
-jack brack
mozibake
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by GnOp » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:38 pm

To me, Ancestral knowledge is not a talent to go. 5% extra mana (not Intel, mana) is ridiculous.

Prefer holding a 1h weapon (flametong) with shield and Shield specialization talent, and it will do the job much better.
GnOp
Private
Private

by Antility » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:17 pm

I went elemental at around level 41, because enhancement was sooooo boreing

just make sure you have water on you and it's fine to level with, probably faster than enhancement leveling to be honest
Make America Great Again

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kqvXwAj.gif[/img]
Antility
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Shaman