Shaman vs Warlock

Re: Shaman vs Warlock

by wiseoldenemy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Thats interesting! That was actually the build I wanted to go when I first made my Shaman on here... but I really dislike PvE and had to settle for enhance armour through PvP grind. Can you link me your talents? For druids though, it feels like they outlast me but since you are resto and have so much mana I can see how you find it easy. I've tried out so many specs, my spec reset cost is 50g now so I switching is too much of an investment for me, even if you said it wouldn't take long to get some gear as healer sham... no one takes enhance shamans T_T. As for warriors, I have a hard time dead-zoning them I can't tell if its because of Vanilla distance ranges being iffy, the server, or just my skill.

Also, maybe you can check out this spec I was thinking of going: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hAbzEcGqoxibz

It opens up being able to use CL and LB, while giving me the on demand crit and 9% crit damage, I would be using rockbiter instead of windfury to get good crits and dps off. This would also make warriors not able to charge from the 36 range rank 1 LB, and can outrange mages CS incase they kite me away too much. I would start off ranged, then switch to an enhance style play, and if I get kited I would switch back ranged.
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thatoneguy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:51 pm

I wouldn't use that build because it requires sick gear.

This is my current build: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hZx0fzZVcetVxqo

An important detail is that I almost always fulfill the role as a raid healer. Being a raid healer allows me to cut certain talents that I otherwise could not. If the guild required me to be a single target healer I wouldn't be using this spec.

- I didn't take Healing Grace because tanks better be doing their job.
- Imp Reincarnation can always be cut.
- Imp Healing Wave is very good but something had to give in order to get 11 into enhancement, can't have it all.
- I'm not casting Healing Wave so I might as well cut Healing Way.
- 3 point into Nature's Guidance because + melee and spell hit is incredible. Since 4% spell and melee hit is required this allows me to equip 2 items that increase my hit each of these areas and be set. PvPing without being maxed out on hit will only lead to unwanted frustration.
- 1 talent left over, really doesn't matter where it goes.

As for your build, it doesn't strike me as something I would use. The build is designed to use both physical and magical attacks but lacks the 4% melee and 4% spell hit. Without PvE it's very hard to get hitcapped in either spell or melee hit.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Magus » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:21 am

Against Sl lock if u can fake out the CoutnerSpell, you have a real chance. If not Game over. Dont let him Soft Counter you into fear and his dot rotation. Be on guard keep your tremor up and try to ground as much casts as possible.
Against Destro and Succubus, kill the succubus first, when shes gone destro is very weak.
Magus
Private
Private

by Aethelwulf » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:50 pm

Against SL lock, just purge the pet and he's not SL anymore.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Shaman