Totem buffs not applying

Totem buffs not applying

by killerpiranha » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:16 pm

There is a bug which makes u not getting your totembuff. It's not displayed in the buff-bar. I'm not sure if I "resist" the buff or something like that, but i was told, it even applies to buffs you give to others, like windfury totem. It's a really annoying and heavy bug. - this was mantioned in the topic about mana spring - the combat logs tells u, that ur totem resisted it's own buff but in fact you are not getting the buff.
killerpiranha
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Totem buffs not applying

by riq and snog » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:20 pm

U dont get the buff on drop but u get it:-)
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Barrotes » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:06 pm

riq and snog wrote:U dont get the buff on drop but u get it:-)
you get it if you renew the totem because if you resist your mana tide you dont get annything
Barrotes
Private
Private

by Hatson » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:20 am

Barrotes wrote:
you get it if you renew the totem because if you resist your mana tide you dont get annything

This is true facts. And it sucks.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Azik » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Barrotes wrote:

Can you please explain this to me? SO when you initially drop it, no buff, but if you drop it again when the initial totem is still down, you get the buff?
Azik
Tester

by Hatson » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Azik wrote:
Barrotes wrote:

Can you please explain this to me? SO when you initially drop it, no buff, but if you drop it again when the initial totem is still down, you get the buff?

That's exactly what happens yes. If the totem pops up with a "resist" message on itself when you summon it, it has no effect at all. You can see it on your buff bar, it's as if the totem isn't even there at all, and the combat log has no mention of f.ex. mana spring totem ticks because the totem "resisted" itself and has zero function.

dropping it a 2nd time usually fixes the issue. However it blows hard when this happens as you drop Mana Tide totem.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Korppi » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Has anyone made an issue about this to the open bug tracker nostalrius has going on?
Korppi
Tester

by Hatson » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:28 am

Not sure, Korppi. But the devs have been aware of this since the Dungeon and Raid Tests. That is when a lot of Shamans reported it.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Throe » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:22 pm

They really need to fix this. It's so annoying to have to waste mana to reapply totems when a buff gets resisted.

On top of that it REALLY screws up consumable rotations when Mana Tide gets resisted.
Throe
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Farty McGee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Please fix this. It is incredibly annoying and can cause wipes if it happens to Mana Tide.
Farty McGee
Tester

Next

Return to Shaman