Any shaman buggs?

Re: Any shaman buggs?

by Hatson » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:19 pm

booraz wrote:I am mostly dying to find out if Storm Strike can proc WF.

Yes, SS can proc WF. However WF and totems are quite buggy.

Example: Sometimes when WF procs, you get no extra hits at all (rare occurance, but happens).

Stormstrike is registered as white damage, ok whatever, but then when you miss, it comes up as yellow miss - The ability should either be white or yellow, not both.

Lightning shield not only fires every time you get hit, but also doesn't use up a charge of Stormstrike even though it does get the extra 20% dmg on hit. So Lightning shield is quite a bit better than on retail here.

Even with WF on weapon, you still sometimes are affected by your own WF totem. No weapon enhancements should stack with totems.

I've heard people saying some totems don't work because they "resist" themselves, but after 42 levels I have never seen this happen to myself. I always benefit from my own mana spring and my allies from WF totem. Even though the WF totem has the same rare bug as your own WF where sometimes it procs and you get no extra hits at all.

Shamans are quite buggy, totem wise at least, and windfury wise.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kegboy123 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:04 am

i want to play an enh shaman before they nerfed wf proccing off wf

that would be fun
kegboy123
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by badfox » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Hatson wrote:
booraz wrote:I am mostly dying to find out if Storm Strike can proc WF.

Yes, SS can proc WF. However WF and totems are quite buggy.

Example: Sometimes when WF procs, you get no extra hits at all (rare occurance, but happens).

Stormstrike is registered as white damage, ok whatever, but then when you miss, it comes up as yellow miss - The ability should either be white or yellow, not both.

Lightning shield not only fires every time you get hit, but also doesn't use up a charge of Stormstrike even though it does get the extra 20% dmg on hit. So Lightning shield is quite a bit better than on retail here.

Even with WF on weapon, you still sometimes are affected by your own WF totem. No weapon enhancements should stack with totems.

I've heard people saying some totems don't work because they "resist" themselves, but after 42 levels I have never seen this happen to myself. I always benefit from my own mana spring and my allies from WF totem. Even though the WF totem has the same rare bug as your own WF where sometimes it procs and you get no extra hits at all.

Shamans are quite buggy, totem wise at least, and windfury wise.

i've noticed i'd get extra procs of WF when the totem is down (with WF on my weapon also) but its still not enough to warrant a "omg thats OP it needs a fix right now" sometimes i dont get any procs at all with WF on my weapon and the totem down but i guess thats just WF for you.
i use flametongue most of the time anyway, its more consistent reliable dps, esp with the instant cast animation bug.

sometimes i put down totems and i dont recieve the buff, niether does my party. which results in me having to cast it again which results in me wasting more mana. this has been the most annoying bug for me thus far, otherwise the class has been very playable.
badfox
Grunt
Grunt

by Hatson » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:29 pm

badfox wrote:sometimes i dont get any procs at all with WF on my weapon and the totem down but i guess thats just WF for you.

That's not normal at all, that is a bug on Nostalrius.
I wrote more in-depth about it with screenshot examples and proofs here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3850
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by badfox » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Hatson wrote:
badfox wrote:sometimes i dont get any procs at all with WF on my weapon and the totem down but i guess thats just WF for you.

That's not normal at all, that is a bug on Nostalrius.
I wrote more in-depth about it with screenshot examples and proofs here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3850

oh thank you very much you are my shaman saviour
badfox
Grunt
Grunt

by Dzox » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:24 pm

Clearcasting doesn't seems to be working as inteded. It procs on impact when it should be procing after casting said spell. That makes it really hard for one to make full use of that talent. Like using it for chain lighting, since its very mana consuming. By the time that lightning bolt reaches its target i am already half done casting next one without knowing if it will proc on previous one, when i want to be using it for chain lightning. Not sure when clearcast should be consumed by the way. On impact or on finished cast. At the moment it is consumed on impact as well. And there were a few times that clearcast buff dissapeared without using it, could be the flametongue weapon. Not sure. Will find out.
Dzox
Tester

by broadreach55 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:40 pm

I am a resto shaman, and have been since level 17 (currently level 48). In my extensive time questing and running dungeons, I have noticed a few pretty annoying bugs.

First, totems have a much, much bigger aggro range than I do, which is really annoying sometimes and can lead to random pulls in dungeons.

Second, I can, and frequently do resist my own totems. This is especially painful when I drop my Mana Tide totem and nothing happens, which seems to be the case about one time out of five or so. It also happens to my Mana Spring totem and Stoneskin totem as well sometimes, but at least I can just drop another one, whereas I have lost my top tier talented 5 minute cooldown ability when it happens with my Mana Tide. It should also be noted that the resist on my Mana Tide also causes the entire group to resist it as well completely negating its usefulness.

Edit: Added more information about effects on group members upon Mana Tide resist.
Last edited by broadreach55 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
broadreach55
Tester

by Monoxide » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:17 pm

Totem agro is completely "blizzlike"
Monoxide
Tester

by broadreach55 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Monoxide wrote:Totem agro is completely "blizzlike"

That may be the case that totem's agro-ing is blizzlike in general, however, I do not remember certain totems agro-ing at very extensive distances in excess of the agro range of other totems. Certain totems, like Stoneskin, also seem to be agro-ing mobs that are in front of me, even though I am actually much closer to the mob than my totem (around 10 yards or so closer). I do not recall such a mechanic while playing on retail during 1.12.
broadreach55
Tester

by Monoxide » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:47 pm

broadreach55 wrote:
Monoxide wrote:Totem agro is completely "blizzlike"

That may be the case that totem's agro-ing is blizzlike in general, however, I do not remember certain totems agro-ing at very extensive distances in excess of the agro range of other totems. Certain totems, like Stoneskin, also seem to be agro-ing mobs that are in front of me, even though I am actually much closer to the mob than my totem (around 10 yards or so closer). I do not recall such a mechanic while playing on retail during 1.12.

IIRC - that is exactly how they behaved. (i.e. a larger agro range than your personal agro range)
Monoxide
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Shaman