How to get Ele AQ40 gear?

How to get Ele AQ40 gear?

by ceen2 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:27 pm

What do you guys think is the fastest way to get my hands on Ele AQ40 gear?
Raid as elemental shaman in AQ40?
Raid as resto shaman and get ele gear that way?
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: How to get Ele AQ40 gear?

by Deadletter » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:16 pm

I'd say it depends on the guild you're running with. If they want an Elem shaman then just raid as elem and call it a day. If not, then ask if it's cool that you raid as resto until you can amass elem gear then go elem in AQ40. If they say no, find a new guild that'll let you.

That's how I plan on raiding as Enh, but I've also accepted the fact that I may never be able to raid as enh in which case I'll just PvP. You should prepair the same.
Deadletter
Private
Private

by Thatoneguy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 pm

Deadletter, you can be a Nightfall Shaman if you handle your business right. Some guilds except those. In fact, I just recruited a pre-raid bis Nightfall Shaman this week and that guy was a random player. We were looking for a Nightfall user and he had the pre-raid gear (including Nightfall) so he was in. What amazed me the most was that I spend 3 days yelling in orgrimmar, general chat and world chat before I found a single Enhancement Shaman with Nightfall. I mean, a ton of Shamans have this dream but very, very few actually pursue it.

Anyway, the fastest way of getting that gear would be to raid for a guild that allows you to spend DKP on it / roll on it. Your spec doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is that the people you're raiding with allow you to get that gear.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Deadletter » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:46 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:Deadletter, you can be a Nightfall Shaman if you handle your business right. Some guilds except those. In fact, I just recruited a pre-raid bis Nightfall Shaman this week and that guy was a random player. We were looking for a Nightfall user and he had the pre-raid gear (including Nightfall) so he was in. What amazed me the most was that I spend 3 days yelling in orgrimmar, general chat and world chat before I found a single Enhancement Shaman with Nightfall. I mean, a ton of Shamans have this dream but very, very few actually pursue it.

This makes my heart sing. Thank you.
Deadletter
Private
Private

by Killstick » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:44 am

Go resto, pick up the AQ40 set. Fill the blank spots with MC/ZG/AQ20/BWL gear your pure casters don't need
/gquit

gg
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by hasseoliver » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:06 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:Deadletter, you can be a Nightfall Shaman if you handle your business right. Some guilds except those. In fact, I just recruited a pre-raid bis Nightfall Shaman this week and that guy was a random player. We were looking for a Nightfall user and he had the pre-raid gear (including Nightfall) so he was in. What amazed me the most was that I spend 3 days yelling in orgrimmar, general chat and world chat before I found a single Enhancement Shaman with Nightfall. I mean, a ton of Shamans have this dream but very, very few actually pursue it.

Anyway, the fastest way of getting that gear would be to raid for a guild that allows you to spend DKP on it / roll on it. Your spec doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is that the people you're raiding with allow you to get that gear.

Well the issue is getting the gold for nightfall and then finding a trusted crafter.
Image < Our bravery and determination will prevail
hasseoliver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thatoneguy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 pm

hasseoliver wrote:Well the issue is getting the gold for nightfall and then finding a trusted crafter.

You're in luck, I have easy answers for your issues.

1: Farm 400G and buy the mats. This is really easy as Resto because you can do 2man DM-E runs. If you're insecure about 2manning it, just bring 3 people and farm a bit longer. If you don't want to rely on other people then respec to Elemental and solo farm the plants.

2: If you're really worried about finding a trusted crafter then simply make a thread in the 'item market place' sub forum over here: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewforum.php?f=62 and ask for a Nightfall crafter. Ask for creditials.

The good thing about this is that all the people who can't be bothered to craft their own weapon are exactly the same kind of people you don't want to be your Enhancement Shaman anyway.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ceen2 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:42 pm

Its not about enhc shama guys.
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aethelwulf » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:14 am

The default is to raid as resto tbh. Ele shamans actually have extremely good DPS on their lightning bolts since they have the spelldmg coefficient of a 3 second spell on a 2 second cast for lightning bolt (CL is 2.5 sec coefficient on a 1.5 sec cast, even better DPS coefficient on top of the high base damage for when you have those clearcasting procs) on top of all the ways their talents add crit, hit, and lightning damage, which can total +11%, +3%, and +5% respectively. The only problem is that bosses have nature resist and Shaman gear doesn't exactly have nature penetration, so really no Shaman does DPS in raids. If you want to go out of your way to DPS as Ele spec, you will need the following spell penetration gear:

Rune of Perfection (WSG) - 20 pen
Shackles of the Unscarred (AQ20 drop) - 10 pen
Stormcaller's Footguards (AQ quest loot) - 10 pen
Robes of the Battleguard (AQ40 drop, boss 2) - 20 pen
Ring of Swarming Thought (AQ40 drop, boss 1) - 20 pen

This will total 80 Magic Penetration, which is enough to penetrate a boss's nature resist down to 0. From what I can tell, bosses have 70 Nature Resist by default, and if your Warriors have Thunderfury then their debuffs will also lower nature resist by 25. Some bosses might have higher nature resist though. Once you get that penetration, you can surprise everyone by being monster DPS with your lightning bolts and chain lightning, although you do have mana issues to worry about.

Anyhow, to get that gear, get used to raiding as resto.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Killstick » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:48 am

Don't bosses have a base resistance for everything except holy? But guess that is largely fixed by warlock curses.
Also i don't think CL has the coeff of a 2.5 spell. Think it has a seperate scaling because it counts towards aoe.

But W/E the AQ40 set is great for ele. You can get that by going resto in the raid.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Shaman