How to farm stuff for raids by healer shaman?

How to farm stuff for raids by healer shaman?

by Raphael » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:12 pm

How to farm stuff for raids by healer shaman? I wanna start shaman, and i know that hes only a healer in raids, so how can i farm with healer spec? Is it super slow to grind? I dont want to farm 5 hours daily, so i need your help to find an answer.
Raphael
Tester

Re: How to farm stuff for raids by healer shaman?

by Thatoneguy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:06 pm

Go with a Rogue or Warrior and 2man DM-E farm. Have mining and enchanting with you or it won't be worth it. I farmed over 2K gold that way.

Alternatively you can farm the plants in DM-E but it requires a bit of gear if you're specced as Resto.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Schoof » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:19 am

Thatoneguy wrote:Alternatively you can farm the plants in DM-E but it requires a bit of gear if you're specced as Resto.

How would you do that as a Shaman? Any tips? Thx :)
Schoof
Grunt
Grunt

by Killstick » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:49 am

The only AoE we have is Chain lightning, Magma totem and fire nova totem for aoe kiting large packs we only have earthbind. So it has to be a combination of those imo.

Pull with chain lightning to agro the pack into your earthbind /magma combo. Self heal to keep agro away from your magma totem. This implies that you will have to pull from quite some distance as you will have to have landed your first heal before any plant gets the first tick of your magma. Throw in a fire nova when grp is packed.

Maybe you could just do it the druid way and let them attack you and heal through it. No idea if that works. Maybe if you get some specific items ( https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... or#p204417 )

As for other options:

- DM E jump runs if you have both enchanting and mining in the party
- Join the e'ko farming raids in winterspring
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thatoneguy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:28 am

Schoof wrote:
Thatoneguy wrote:Alternatively you can farm the plants in DM-E but it requires a bit of gear if you're specced as Resto.

How would you do that as a Shaman? Any tips? Thx :)

Have Lightning Shield up before you pull. Pull with LB from max range and cast a CL. This should finish off your main target. You can shock another plant (who is damaged from CL) and kill that one too. Once they get close cast Earthbind totem and start running around it, if you do this correctly they won't be able to hit you and you can kill 2-3 more plants through shock and Fire Nova totem. Once there are 2-3 plans remaining stay in melee range and auto attack/shock/LS Shield them to death.

It's easy to do once you get the hang of it.

I wouldn't listen to Killstick btw. Don't pull with CL because most of the time it won't jump to another target. You also can't do CL>LB combo as resto because LB's casting time is too long, but you can pull off a LB > CL combo. Also, don't use Magma totem. You're not there to do some kind of weird threat battle with you and your totem. Standing still and healing yourself just wastes time. Use Fire Nova totem because it's convenient and faster. Dmg wise Magma totem is never worth it anyway.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Killstick » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:43 pm

no idea how many plants there are or how much HP they have. I may give it a go tonight.
Ofc if you don't use the magma totem then the healing has no use.

Is there no video available for this? How long do you take to clear?
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thatoneguy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:25 pm

I don't have a video of it, there might be some out there.

There are 4 packs of plants that you can clear right as you jump down from DM-E. As Elemental it's easier but with Resto I advice you to have decent spelldmg gear. It's quite fast and you'll get locked out.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ayrus » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:04 pm

Tips from me:

1.) Get Alchemy and Herbalism
2.) Skill both to 300
3.) Play the auction house by buying mats for potions and selling said potions for a good margin (FAPs, Fire Protection Potions, etc.)
4.) Transmute Arcanite on CD
5.) Use AV-Weekends for some nice farming sessions
6.) Get rich
Ayrus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Shaman