How are Shamans atm?

How are Shamans atm?

by stened91 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:05 am

Hi, how are shamans on patch 1.12 on this server atm? Are they viable as dps in pve? Good in pvp?
stened91
Tester

Re: How are Shamans atm?

by Kravallen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:05 pm

I also wonder about this. I will re-roll as Horde and are thinking about Shamans.

Read some treads about bugs etc. Yes I can take a beating - I play for fun. Are Shamans fun on Nostalrius? :P
Kravallen
Tester

by Barrotes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:51 pm

ok so shamans in 1.12 in the pvp aspect its a burst base class both ele and ench both are kinda viable for pvp

for pve its the tricky part elemental is a big NO since the bosses have tons of resists and theres no curse for nature damage (locks curses). ench for dungeons its usefull but for raids you got to find a guild that would be willing to take you in wich is kinda hard. plus if its a kind of proper guild they will ask you to have nightfall to buff the casters wich is gonna be "hard" to get at this early in the game(check a vannila db for info). but your way like most hybrid class in vannila is to go resto in terms of bugs i havent find nothing really game breaking but i have seen ppl complain about windfury not sure if it fixed already anny other questions ask here or ingame same name hope it helped.
Barrotes
Private
Private

by broadreach55 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:30 pm

I for one love my shaman because I'm a big fan of Chain Heal. That being said, it has been very difficult for me to play on my shaman because I get very frustrated whenever I resist my own mana tide totem. Resisting my top tier talent is a horrible feeling.
broadreach55
Tester

by dycedarge » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:47 pm

I wouldn't recommend a Shaman.

They are ok in Raids no matter what spec you choose your always gonna have the INSANE support effect. Inrcedible Mana support for Healers, Frost/Fire resist Totems, Stoneskin, Windwall. For Melees Strength totem, windfury, flametonge totem. You can and will provide ALOT to any Raid I've never seen a Raid saying no to a Shaman neither on Private nor on Retail.

BUT, you won't have such a Fun time as a Shaman, the class is horrible bugged atm.
As Elemental some Talents don't calculate right and you have lower dmg output then expected.

As Enhancer ur complete set of Weapon Enchants is bugged ( WIndfury sometimes doesnt Procc gives no extra Hits/doesnt Provide bonus Attack Power, Rockbiter on certain Ranks give the wrong AP boost, Flametounge on certain Ranks does way lower dmg then it should be - > f.e. Rank 3 does more dmg then Rank 4)

As Resto Shaman you can do quite well but resisting ur own Totems can be alot of Pain, specialy in long encounters you miss ALOT of Mana either from resisting ur big Mana Tide CD, or needing to retotem due to resisting the effect.

And the sad thing is NONE of the Bugs have yet been fixed. Nor do you have any confirmation of it being worked on since GMs/Dev team do not communicate at all, expect the Announcements every few weeks for Patchnotes or some other nonrelated Topics
dycedarge
Private
Private

by Larsen » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:29 am

Enhancement is a pretty strong PvP spec, but people exaggerate how overpowered it is. It's just really RNG. Sometimes you get crazy WF procs and win, other times you simply don't proc so you automatically lose because your DPS is 150. With a 20% chance to proc, this is a fairly common occurrence.

It's a bad PvE spec as DPS is low and mana problems are real, but it's useful to have one in a raid because they're a good utility character with improved totems and the Nightfall axe. Like feral druids and ret paladins, I think every raid should have room for one enh shaman because their value becomes inflated when all the gear tailored for that spec goes to one player. But it's still a weak spec.

Elemental is barely playable in PvE. In PvP, it has insane burst potential, but a lack of any hard CC and spell pushback protection makes it a flawed spec for general PvP. There will be times when you simply can't do anything. You have just interrupts and snares to defend yourself and you can't cast spells with any melee or pet on you, so the spec is mostly for popping trinkets and LB+CL+shock instagibbing people in BGs.

Resto is a good PvE healer because of Chain Heal. Not so great PvP healer due to the lack of instant heals, CC and survivability. They're pretty defenseless and can't support others very well with anything besides healing because totems are so easy to counter. Worst PvP healer by a huge margin.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Paragon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:27 pm

OP and for low iq kids
and if you wana be super "skilled" go orc shaman since with shit scripted stuns you will never be stuned.
Paragon
Private
Private

by GnOp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:19 am

Please Blizzard, nerf enhancement shaman... :lol:
GnOp
Private
Private

by Rayzne » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:37 pm

play shaman in bc or wotlk but not in vanilla cuz it sucks