What's the fastest or more fun way to level a Shaman?

What's the fastest or more fun way to level a Shaman?

by WorstmageNA » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:52 pm

I'll be starting a Shaman in the near future but just remembering how much of a boring and tedious hell it was leveling my Mage through questing I can't help but think I'll give up leveling up my Shaman. So I ask you, what is the fastest or the most fun way to level a Shaman?
WorstmageNA
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: What's the fastest or more fun way to level a Shaman?

by Naeads » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:18 pm

I just have a lv.60 to help out the initial levels to get to lv.25-ish.

With a lv.60 boost, you can grind through the first 10 levels in 2-3 hours easily. Afterwards it is just Barrens run through the quests and the occasional mass genocide of mobs to get a boost on exp.

Once you get past lv.20, everything else is cake.

I done this on my Priest, and the playtime at lv.28 (a bar to lv.29) is 15 hours (keep in mind that JUST WALKING from here to there took a big chunk of the time, around 4-5 hours. So if you found a good spot and just grind it out, it can be faster).
Naeads
Private
Private

by Oldlemon » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Fastest way is shield spec enhance with a fast weapon. Most efficient way is to go flametongue but I found it way more fun especially when you get flurry to use windfury. You take so much less damage and with a fast weapon you get a lot more windfury procs. I never really used totems other than searing unless I was going to stay in the same spot for 2 minutes and pull mobs back to my totems as to not waste mana and have to drink.
Oldlemon
Private
Private

by Killstick » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Oldlemon wrote:Fastest way is shield spec enhance with a fast weapon. Most efficient way is to go flametongue but I found it way more fun especially when you get flurry to use windfury. You take so much less damage and with a fast weapon you get a lot more windfury procs. I never really used totems other than searing unless I was going to stay in the same spot for 2 minutes and pull mobs back to my totems as to not waste mana and have to drink.

Pretty much this.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Snagprophet » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:07 am

Oldlemon wrote:Fastest way is shield spec enhance with a fast weapon. Most efficient way is to go flametongue but I found it way more fun especially when you get flurry to use windfury. You take so much less damage and with a fast weapon you get a lot more windfury procs. I never really used totems other than searing unless I was going to stay in the same spot for 2 minutes and pull mobs back to my totems as to not waste mana and have to drink.

Doesn't slower weapons make flametongue do more damage? People seem to advise that over quicker one handed and shield.
Snagprophet
Grunt
Grunt

by ShaqPack » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Personally I find using the 2 hander to be a lot faster, in particular if you grind out spots with mobs that have low armor (humanoids work well) and that are 3 to 4 levels before you. At the same time make sure you got an up to date weapon. The idea is that you want to drop multiple types of totems, kill your enemy and then pull another one over. With many totems up, you won't really need to use shocks even to burn enemies down, and you can pull them over with rank 1 lightning bolts or rank 1 earth shocks to conserve mana (make sure to use rank 1 earth shocks on caster mobs to when appropriate). The longer you aren't casting the more mana you get back, so it's best to use lots of mana in spurts then go back to not using any until you get to the next mob.

I used spots like the harpies in the north west Barrens as well as the venture mobs in Stone Talon Hills to grind to 25-ish. From there you can grind centaur and grim totem mobs, eventually switching to crocolisks in Thousand Needles/Shimmer Flats to get from 25 to about 39. From 39 to about 42 you can grind troll mobs in STV. From 42 to about 50 you can grind Grim Totem mobs in Ferelas, and then from 50 to 55 just grind the harpies in Ferelas.

One last piece of advice, having elixirs is a big help, ditto with the Ony buff, if you know when it usually will be dropped, I'd recommend picking it up because at lower levels it's as MASSIVE dps increase.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Shaman