Elemental PvE DPS tree

Re: Elemental PvE DPS tree

by Magus » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:35 pm

Niini wrote:Ahhh its actually also don rodriguez (or something like that) amd its not out yet

ye i meant don rodriguez its only available for locks mages ....not for shamans

My aim is it to make Elemental in pve for myself viable and maybe i can change some viewpoints.

What would be helpful is a addon that tracks/displays/shows resis from npcs. I knew there is something outthere but thats it never saw it again since some raids back in the days
Magus
Private
Private

by Niini » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:50 pm

^yeah sorry was just noting for the sake of clarity
Niini
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Killstick » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:57 am

On viscidius we could still offer Frostshock + equip a frost 1H with frostbrand for them procs mang.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aethelwulf » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:00 am

Iceblade Hacker is your best bet for a frost 1H. It might be better to use it with Windfury instead of Frostbrand Weapon.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Aethelwulf wrote:Iceblade Hacker is your best bet for a frost 1H. It might be better to use it with Windfury instead of Frostbrand Weapon.

Iceblade Hacker along with all the other "+ Fire/Nature/Frost/any magic dmg on dps" are bugged currently, and the extra damage is applied as physical.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Niini » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:43 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:
Aethelwulf wrote:Iceblade Hacker along with all the other "+ Fire/Nature/Frost/any magic dmg on dps" are bugged currently, and the extra damage is applied as physical.

Is it just a flat value added onto the top & bottom end damage?
Niini
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:13 pm

Niini wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:
Aethelwulf wrote:Iceblade Hacker along with all the other "+ Fire/Nature/Frost/any magic dmg on dps" are bugged currently, and the extra damage is applied as physical.

Is it just a flat value added onto the top & bottom end damage?

Yep. I just read the findings made by other players.
You can ask St0rfan and people who are more into theorycrafting. Elemental damage isn't working in the server and all damage additions remain as physical. The experiment is easily done, equip a weapon with this feature, swing at someone who is currently protected by Blessing of Protection (immune to physical, vulnerable to magic), if Hacker's frost damage worked correctly, every swing would hit the test subject for the little frost amount. As it stands, swinging with it just gives the Immune message and nothing else.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Magus » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:40 pm

Magus
Private
Private

by Killstick » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:28 am

Dr. Doom wrote:
Aethelwulf wrote:Iceblade Hacker is your best bet for a frost 1H. It might be better to use it with Windfury instead of Frostbrand Weapon.

Iceblade Hacker along with all the other "+ Fire/Nature/Frost/any magic dmg on dps" are bugged currently, and the extra damage is applied as physical.

Jeeep this. And as for the other weapons they largly work with PPM so Frostbrand would be better.

Iceblace Hacker would indeed benefit from WF alot more
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cragen » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:14 pm

Magus wrote:
Niini wrote:Ahhh its actually also don rodriguez (or something like that) amd its not out yet

ye i meant don rodriguez its only available for locks mages ....not for shamans

My aim is it to make Elemental in pve for myself viable and maybe i can change some viewpoints.

What would be helpful is a addon that tracks/displays/shows resis from npcs. I knew there is something outthere but thats it never saw it again since some raids back in the days

Its doable to play as elemental, but mana regain will always be the thing that holds it back in vanilla.
In MC and BWL its not such a big deal. Especially now when most of the people who are willing to get to 60 and raid on Nostalrius are veterans so its not like back in 2005 when 15-20 people in the raid were braindead and no one really knew how to play or optimize gear all that much.

The real test is to be able to do the Patchwerk test. Sustain optimal dps for around 7 min which is a lot harder than it seems.

Tried to look for it, but its probably gone with filefront being wiped, but I remember one video of a GM in a guild playing elemental on Patchwerk. He was pretty much last on dps sadly, though still did produce good numbers. But he had to use pretty much every trick in the book to last that long. Including being rotated into groups to benefit from mana tide ect.

Elemental shaman was my first love in WoW and I was allowed to stay that spec pretty much all the way up to Naxx. I'd more often than not stay in my healing gear and heal because I honestly couldn't justify my spot otherwise.
If we had the clearcasting we got in TBC back in vanilla then things would probably been very different.

But I really do hope that since the overall skill of the average player is gonna be significantly higher than back in vanilla that someone gets the chance to go from MC to Kel'Thuzad as elemental and not be a burden on the group. It will just require pretty insane raid dps to shorten the fights.
Cragen
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Shaman