Ele/Resto leveling/PvP spec feedback

Ele/Resto leveling/PvP spec feedback

by clodworks » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:37 am

Hello Nostalgics,
I am looking for opionions on a leveling/PvP spec: 22/7/22
This was inspired by Sham's vanilla PvP video.

The rationale is:
  • In solo PvE, I would have enough damage through Flametongue and Searing totem
  • In dungeons, I should be just fine healing with mana efficiency on heals and totems, and Nature's swiftness, not to mention the occasional Ancestral healing proc.
  • In PvP, I would be mostly shocking (with reduced cooldown), healing and, if not targeted, Bolting/Chaining
  • In my experience, improved Ghost wolf is a huge plus to questing and PvP
  • For solo content and PvP, improving Block is more important than a very little extra mana
  • I won't be able to deal any significant PvE dps, but who cares when I can heal (an perhaps Offtank)

I am planning on going Orc for the stun resistance and picking gathering professions only.
Thanks for your input!
clodworks
Tester

Re: Ele/Resto leveling/PvP spec feedback

by djdavy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:13 pm

that spec is rather weak missing too many key talents, I would go just for a straight forward EM Ele build like such
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hEczVcMqoZVbjz0x

I've mention this in a forum post already but I highly suggest to go with Enh till the 40s and then make the swap to ele. Ton of spell power gear starts to drop and if you're 40 points into Ele you'll have the key talents to make the spec work.
Alixzander - Tauren Shaman
djdavy
Private
Private

by clodworks » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:52 pm

Tbh, I think that missing out NS is a huge deal for healing dungeons and survival. I'd go Resto first, after getting improved Ghost wolf for traveling, and only then invest into Elemental for a little extra damage. Searing and flametongue should be enough for soloing, as Lighning bolt is getting you down on mana so fast.
clodworks
Tester

by Energizer. » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:09 pm

You lose out on 10% crit and 1sec less cast time, which imo is huge for pvp. I'm a big proponent of 30/0/21. Yeah ghost wolf is nice, but you lose too many key talents..

edit: Oh you're leveling.. this is more for just at 60 :p
Energizer.
Tester

by Thatoneguy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:48 pm

The build looks fun that promotes a unique playstyle. Definitely test it out, I imagine that it can be very powerful in group PvP.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by lakers8 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:47 am

level enhance
then 30/0/21
lakers8
Grunt
Grunt

by reywas216 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:20 pm

Leveling Enh has been grueling slow for me, it also sucks because of the WF bug.
Arrgo, Tauren Enh Shaman, PVP server. Guild: <LOW>
reywas216
Tester

Return to Shaman