Potential Suggested Change to Don Rodrigo's Band

Potential Suggested Change to Don Rodrigo's Band

by Niini » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:43 am

Hey shamans and other shaman forum visitors, I've just got a quick suggestion to run by you before I put something up on the suggestions forum.

Ele shams have a few hurdles to jump before theyre even semi viable for raids, one of which is gearing for Spell Pen, whixh prior to AQ is pretty much impossible.

I'd suggest that by removing the Warlock/Mage/Priest requirement from Don Rodrigo's Band (http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=21563) we might be able to see a few more eles in early raids! I dont know anything about druids but they may like it too.

Anyway I'd like to hear why this would be a bad idea :P
Niini
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Potential Suggested Change to Don Rodrigo's Band

by Thatoneguy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:30 pm

Niini wrote:I'd like to hear why this would be a bad idea :P

It's in direct violation with everything Nostalrius stands for, that's to make this server as blizzlike as possible. As to why this is a bad idea, altering this item opens the justification to change many other items.

The item comes out after AQ, this means that you can already start collecting spell pen gear before this item is obtainable. Altering Don Rodrigo's Band will change absolutely nothing.

There you have it, 2 solid reasons why this is a bad idea.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aethelwulf » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Nostalrius is a "blizzlike" server which means that they attempt to replicate vanilla conditions all the way. Or at least they're supposed to (that WF bug has been around for ages, as have many other class bugs).

A suggestion to change items away from Blizz behavior is not a suggestion that will be implemented on this server unless said vanilla behavior is too broken (ie. spell dmg on oil of immolation in early item content patches).
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Same reason why weapon dmg enchants shouldn't add damage to druid shapeshifted forms, in spite of the whining done by Grimclaw and co: The petty interests of some players mean nothing compared to game design.
Just how Paladins wanting to get ahead in HPS isn't a reason for Eyes of the Beast, or Cap of the Scarlet Savant to drop the class restrictions.

Feelz don't matter, fidelity to the original game does.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Niini » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:42 pm

Aethelwulf wrote:Nostalrius is a "blizzlike" server

But Nost isn't quite a blizzlike server, they have said that vanilla was not a perfect game and are open to any improvements.
Niini
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Niini wrote:
Aethelwulf wrote:Nostalrius is a "blizzlike" server

But Nost isn't quite a blizzlike server, they have said that vanilla was not a perfect game and are open to any improvements.

Could you link this statement of theirs please?
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Niini » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:35 am

Hmm apologies Dr, I may be eating my words here seeing as I can't find anything. Will have to do a more thorough investigation after work!
Niini
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Killstick » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:29 am

People keep forgetting that Nostalrius is aiming to a "Blizzlike experience" more than "Blizzlike scripting". So yes they have made, as we all know, some changes to the script with the purpose of not ruining the game because of the knowlegde we have about this game. Dynamic respawn, DM N fix, introduction of the upgraded PvP set way before it ever was in retail,...
However they do tend to avoid changes that can lead to a landslide of other suggestions.

This suggestions biggest strength is also its biggest weakness. It would only influence a small amount of players. So the change wouldn't be big but it would still be seen as catering for a few players.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Shaman