Redoubt + CTC

Re: Redoubt + CTC

by JCarrill0 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:49 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:It is wrong fact that is impossible to get def cap preraid in vanilla.

Full Deathbone set+Enchanted thorium helm,stockade pauldron,medalion necklace,wrist from diremaul,brd trinket,argent dawn finger,summon boss in dungeon finger,ubrs shield.
there is your def cap hiding around. + add 15 def from enchants.

(pre 20 man) .

Check deeper for def gear from all dungeons
and def enchants from leatherwork and wrist enchant from enchanters.

there is a way for def cap ;) enjoy .

Full Deathbone = 59 def + Enchanted Thorium Helm 9 = 68 + stockade pauldron 10 = 78 + Medallion of Grand Marshal = 88 + Band of Steadfast 7 = 95 + Ring from Argent dawn 5 = 100 + Force of Will Trinket 7 = 107 + Gloves Enchant 3 def = 110 + Talent 10 = 120 + 300 from skill = 320 , 9 def on chest,legs,helm from lw enchant = 329 + wrist enchant 331 . Good luck. you missing 10 def until cap (pre 20 man) now add idols from Zul Gurub and Finger . Have Fun.

Never go 15 agility on gloves. Always 3 Def since it is our major issue.

Even Warriors can't get Def cap pre 20 man either.

Just look at my pre-raid dungeon gear guide folks, it has everything you need to hit 440 Def.

You don't have Leatherwork Enchants there and you don't have Wrist enchant in order to go for Def cap preraid.

Lets not make this thread about me, Lets make this about helping the Thread succeed. Read my post above.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:13 pm

I didn't said anything about you . I said what you missing there in order to help people get that def cap easier.

You gave too much credit to Cysthen there and he is missing the same things too.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:14 am

smilkovpetko wrote:I didn't said anything about you . I said what you missing there in order to help people get that def cap easier.

You gave too much credit to Cysthen there and he is missing the same things too.

Dude what are you even talking about? This has nothing to do with the topic, please stick to the topic.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:08 am

JCarrill0 wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:I didn't said anything about you . I said what you missing there in order to help people get that def cap easier.

Dude what are you even talking about? This has nothing to do with the topic, please stick to the topic.

You turn this topic in offtopic. Even the fact that you fixed the Enchants i mention .

You came and said about your gear guide which had nothing with the topic and now you poke me why i answered about your guide here....

You are trying to trolling or what?

and extra of that you edited on your own benefit about enchants once you got my reply..... and then you decide to reply "dude what are you talking about" .

Last edited by JCarrill0 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

while my post about enchants was at this time

by smilkovpetko » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:34 pm

Don't play dirty if you don't want to get dirty.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:13 pm

TheFishyOne wrote:'ey guys. Was an avid Pallytank in TBC, but never got a chance to live my Vanilla Dream on live, so I'm gonna go for it here.

In TBC, CTC was paramount to achieve preraid, and once achieved as a Pallytank, you were easily the most stable tank in the game. Is CTC even possible for a Pallytank to achieve in Vanilla with only gear/enchants + HS?

I would also like to know if Redoubt has any bearing on attaining CTC (at least, as far as eliminating CB goes). In TBC it was the epitome of garbage talents, taken only because it was required for shield spec. I figure that Blizz MUST have had a purpose in mind for it. Is there any reason to take it into account while gearing, or is it just one of those Dumb Talents I Gotta Take(©)?

Finally, in TBC the numbers to attain CTC were 490 Def, and 102.4% Avo. I imagine you need 102.4% Avo here, as well, but what about minimum Def for uncritability (assuming Redoubt is worthless here, too)?

Thanks in advance!

(Inb4 lolprot or reroll war) I am well aware that Warriors are better at tanking raid bosses with less skill required. I also couldn't care less. Pallies were given a Prot tree for a reason, and I intend to fully explore it.

let me know if you need anymore help, I love to see more vanilla tankadins!
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Tyraeus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:03 pm

Ignoring the somewhat...confrontational tone in here, I actually didn't know it was possible to get as close to def cap as this. Interesting. However you two might want to check your item lists as Naglering is using its early arcane resist/+hit stats at present (and will grant no +def until 1.10), and the Argent Dawn rep ring is currently not available in-game. Even so these lists get you far closer than I thought was possible, even if you don't quite cap out.

I still say it's less important in vanilla than it was in TBC where there was a lot less healing coming in, and bosses hit harder - the early content had to be forgiving enough to be clearable, even before the player base theorycrafted and reverse-engineered the mechanics. I'd suggest that 440 def is less important to a vanilla tank than 490 def was to a TBC tank for this reason, at least until a few more patches come out (you definitely wouldn't get away with eating crits in Naxx, for example).
Tyraeus
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:38 pm

smilkovpetko and JCarrill0, I've seen you two take potshots at each other in multiple threads now. I don't know what previous history you guys have and I don't really care. You've both been helpful to other players in numerous threads, so let's stick to that instead of trying to rile each other up.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by smilkovpetko » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:30 am

Tyraeus wrote:Ignoring the somewhat...confrontational tone in here, I actually didn't know it was possible to get as close to def cap as this. Interesting. However you two might want to check your item lists as Naglering is using its early arcane resist/+hit stats at present (and will grant no +def until 1.10), and the Argent Dawn rep ring is currently not available in-game. Even so these lists get you far closer than I thought was possible, even if you don't quite cap out.

I still say it's less important in vanilla than it was in TBC where there was a lot less healing coming in, and bosses hit harder - the early content had to be forgiving enough to be clearable, even before the player base theorycrafted and reverse-engineered the mechanics. I'd suggest that 440 def is less important to a vanilla tank than 490 def was to a TBC tank for this reason, at least until a few more patches come out (you definitely wouldn't get away with eating crits in Naxx, for example).

True that unless you hit bwl last boss and aq40 def cap is not important at all . Ofc quite helpful too since damage goes down by 3 times (somewhat) .

Example adds was hitting 1.5-2k crits and when i got def cap they did like 300-500 "dont take this personally" just unofficial .

ty for responding pottu . we have some history true that. i hope he stop too so we can stick to topics.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Previous

Return to Paladin