How is leveling as a Ret?

How is leveling as a Ret?

by arzi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:54 pm

What is it like to level as a Retribution Paladin?

Recommendations/help are appreciated.
arzi
Private
Private

Re: How is leveling as a Ret?

by Spluaks » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:37 pm

I'm Still lv36 with my pally but I leveled as retry, lv10-20 with Seal of Crussader, Fast AA, lv20+ Seal of Commander, if procs do high dmg, Think is easy level as retry if you have a good wep, thats all
Spluaks
Grunt
Grunt

by charly93 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Awesome signature dude :)
charly93
Tester

by Rhoen » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:01 pm

as ret leveling is the way to go on this server, there is to much competition to AOE grind mobs down as a paladin. So for ret Seal of Command's proc rate is Based on your weapons attack speed. Ideally you want 3.6-3.8 if you manage to find a 4.0 while levelling that thing practically has a 50% to proc Seal of command. However you can only proc seal of command 7 times per minute. Make sure you get the parry tallent because with you have a 10% chance to parry. When you parry 40% of your swing attack is carved off your next hit (without effecting the proc rate of SoC)
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DrearyYew » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:30 pm

Rhoen wrote: However you can only proc seal of command 7 times per minute.

That's not true.

PPM in Vanilla is based on soft PPM, where over an extremely large sample size, you will see that SoC will proc 7 times per minute. But how it actually works is that there is a set % chance to proc based on your weapon speed. The formula for this % chance is (Weapon Speed * 7) / 60. It's entirely possible for you to get 20 procs in one minute. It's soft PPM, not the hard PPM that we have in retail today.

Anyways, Paladin is the second slowest leveling class. You'll be drinking after every mob or two up until about 50, just like a Mage. But, Mages actually kill shit really fast, whereas it's painfully slow to kill using SotC (which you will be using while leveling, SoC is unreliable unless you have 3.6 or higher, but they are pretty damn rare while leveling. I recommend going Prot at 40 since you will do more damage with Holy Shield to mobs that are attacking you than SotCing everything down.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:48 pm

go divine int,divine str,consecration and then start to build up retri spec.

this will help you lot on - mana issue + aoe farming + level faster ;)

cheers.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by arzi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Oh, I'd also like to add.. is there any room for rets in raids?

Or do we have to go holy? :(
Last edited by arzi on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arzi
Private
Private

by Rhoen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:10 pm

DrearyYew wrote:
Rhoen wrote: However you can only proc seal of command 7 times per minute.

That's not true.

PPM in Vanilla is based on soft PPM, where over an extremely large sample size, you will see that SoC will proc 7 times per minute. But how it actually works is that there is a set % chance to proc based on your weapon speed. The formula for this % chance is (Weapon Speed * 7) / 60. It's entirely possible for you to get 20 procs in one minute. It's soft PPM, not the hard PPM that we have in retail today.

Anyways, Paladin is the second slowest leveling class. You'll be drinking after every mob or two up until about 50, just like a Mage. But, Mages actually kill shit really fast, whereas it's painfully slow to kill using SotC (which you will be using while leveling, SoC is unreliable unless you have 3.6 or higher, but they are pretty damn rare while leveling. I recommend going Prot at 40 since you will do more damage with Holy Shield to mobs that are attacking you than SotCing everything down.

Thank you for correcting me, I assumed SoC was on a hard PPM in vanilla (though I do know enchants and other procs dont have a PPM)
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Paladin